MS Comm Control???
Author Message
 MS Comm Control???

Hi,

Whats the replacement for the MS Comm control in VB 7?

Ive got Beta 2.

Regards

Mark

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 00:30:05 GMT
 MS Comm Control???
Hi,

You can download NETComm.ocx from my homepage.  Also, I have other .NET
examples and information, including a native VB.NET serial comms class in my
book.  See below for information.

--
Richard Grier  (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)

See www.hardandsoftware.net for contact information.

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 3rd
Edition ISBN 1-890422-27-4 (391 pages) published February 2002.

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 02:15:33 GMT
 MS Comm Control???
Quote:
> Whats the replacement for the MS Comm control in VB 7?

You are not the only one looking for that control! Grrrrrrr, I had do go buy
a control that could do this for me.

You could probably do an interop to the old comm control, but I didn't get
it to work.

Quote:
> Ive got Beta 2.

Though I would recommend an upgrade to final, you won't get the comm
control.

/Morten

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 02:22:28 GMT
 MS Comm Control???
Hi,

I didn't get
it to work.
<<

What trouble did you have?  I didn't run into any unsurmountable problems.
As I mentioned in my other message, I have working code examples in my book
(including one that use MSComm32.ocx).

--
Richard Grier  (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)

See www.hardandsoftware.net for contact information.

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 3rd
Edition ISBN 1-890422-27-4 (391 pages) published February 2002.

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 03:53:23 GMT

1. MS Comm control

2. Does MS Comm Control buffers the Data

3. Using the MS Comm Control.

4. MS COMM control 6.0

5. MS Comm Control trouble

6. Using MS COMM CONTROL

7. MS comm control

8. Stream input from COM port using MS COMM control: example requested

9. MS Comm control in VB4

10. MS-Comm Control, Setting NONE

11. MS COMM control

12. MS Comm Control