Installation Failure on VB.NET application
Author Message
 Installation Failure on VB.NET application

Can someone please give me some assistance.  I'm installing an application
that was written in VB.NET and on some of my company's XP systems I'm
getting the following error message on installation:  "This advertised
application will not be installed because it might be unsafe.  Contact your
administrator to change the installation user interface option of the
package to basic."

I've looked and been unable to find anything in the installer that lets me
choose an option for basic or for that matter, anything else.  Would
appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks.

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:11:44 GMT
 Installation Failure on VB.NET application
From an FAQ,

Q. When I try to invoke the .msi file I get a message "This advertised
application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your
administrator to change the installation user interface option of the
package to basic". What's wrong?

A. While you might be running as a user with administrative privileges, your
operating environment requires you to have greater privileges. Log in as the
actual "Administrator" user account and run the installation again.
The installer package uses the "Privileged" property to make the
installation conditional upon system policy, the user being an
administrator, or assignment by an administrator.

~V

Quote:
> Can someone please give me some assistance.  I'm installing an application
> that was written in VB.NET and on some of my company's XP systems I'm
> getting the following error message on installation:  "This advertised
> application will not be installed because it might be unsafe.  Contact
your
> administrator to change the installation user interface option of the
> package to basic."

> I've looked and been unable to find anything in the installer that lets me
> choose an option for basic or for that matter, anything else.  Would
> appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks.

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 03:55:48 GMT

1. VS.Net Installation Failure

2. VB4 Application Installation Failure

3. visual tool application installation wizard failure

4. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

5. Problem in Installation of application developed in VB.Net

6. VB Installation Failure

7. VB 6 Installation Wizard Failure

8. Installation of VB3.0 application under Win3.1 on a novell-net, Invalid Property Value

9. Getting Login Failure with Web App in VB.net

10. VB.net - Crystal Reports Login failure.

11. Application Failure in IE 6 when loading a VB OCX

12. Installation Failure !!!!