drag-dropping a treeview node onto a datagrid
Author Message
 drag-dropping a treeview node onto a datagrid

I am trying to drag-dropp a treeview node onto a datagrid.
In the
 Sub dGridTargetTables_DragDrop(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
 System.Windows.Forms.DragEventArgs) Handles dGridTargetTables.DragDrop

I try to get a reference to the dropped node with
    Dim n as TreeNode
    n = Ctype(e.Data.GetData("System.windows.forms.treenode"),TreeNode)

but n is always empty.
Can someone please help on how to do this right?

Also how can I get a reference from 'source' to the row of the datagrid
(dGridTargetTables) onto which the treeview node
was dropped ?

I studied e and source in the watch window, and help, but can't find the
answers.

Thanks

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 14:45:31 GMT

1. Scroll the TreeView When Dragging and Dropping a Node

2. Drag & Drop of TreeView Node

3. Help w/TreeView Node Drag and Drop

4. Treeview drag drop, node selected

5. how can I drag and drop treeview nodes between two instances of a single tree control

6. Get the Node for the Drag/Drop Operation in the Treeview

7. TreeView Node Drag/Drop and Scrolling

8. TreeView Control: Moving Nodes with Drag and Drop

9. how can I drag and drop treeview nodes between two instances of a single tree control

10. Treeview - Drag/Drop nodes

11. Treeview - Drag/Drop Nodes

12. TreeView Drag n Drop don't allow dropping a parent into a child