Application design question
Author Message
 Application design question

I am developing an application that will contain an explorer bar like those
found in Windows XP. I am planning to use the DinkIT control
http://www.*-*-*.com/

The question I have is how to you best handle the various screens that will
appear in the right of the screen. For example, if my explorer bar has
groups for Customers, Projects, etc. and subitems under for customers for
search, details, etc. how would I display the various forms? Would I use a
panel and hide each one, create a mdi child form with no borders, etc, or is
there some other method you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any input on this question.

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 04:30:45 GMT
 Application design question
Hello,

Quote:
> The question I have is how to you best handle the various screens that
will
> appear in the right of the screen. For example, if my explorer bar has
> groups for Customers, Projects, etc. and subitems under for customers
for
> search, details, etc. how would I display the various forms? Would I
use a
> panel and hide each one, create a mdi child form with no borders, etc,
or is
> there some other method you recommend?

Design a separate usercontrol for each "form", instantiate it and add it
to the form's controls.

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Wed, 16 Nov 2005 06:22:56 GMT

1. Application Design Question

2. roles / users and application design question

3. Application Design / Schema Question

4. project design software , compare website design software , web developers , website design software review , nof shop , software quality , nof 7.5 , bestellen preisvergleich , web site design , custom web design ,

5. Design Review: Application to email notices

6. Design a form for task application (Newbie)

7. Designing multi-form application???

8. Designing of a database application

9. Designing application without indexes, MDB/ADO

10. How design an application for 640x480 screen and 1028x768

11. Application code, design and architecture review material???

12. Help needed for design of a booking application