Can't Use Sample Code CD from Programming Visual Basic .Net (Balena)
Author Message
 Can't Use Sample Code CD from Programming Visual Basic .Net (Balena)

I ran the setup code on the CD which copied everything to my hard drive.
Everything on the hard drive looks fine.  All of the right files seem to be
there.  But when I open a project or solution file ... nada.  The Visual
Studio window comes up but the central area which would normally contain the
Form Design or code is just gray.  No error message.  It just sits there.

I checked KnowledgeBase but it doesn't mention anything similar.  It must be
something stupid that I am, or am not, doing.  Very possible as I am new to
all of this stuff.  So ... if you have any idea what stupid mistake I might
be making I would sure appreciate the help.

Thanks,  Bob

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 12:02:28 GMT
 Can't Use Sample Code CD from Programming Visual Basic .Net (Balena)
Hey Bob:

I'm beginning to suspect some foul play via the internet as I to, yes,even
I, am having problems installing the .net clean.

Uninstall the product, disconnect your machine from the Internet and then
try re-installing.

hth

Quote:
> I ran the setup code on the CD which copied everything to my hard drive.
> Everything on the hard drive looks fine.  All of the right files seem to
be
> there.  But when I open a project or solution file ... nada.  The Visual
> Studio window comes up but the central area which would normally contain
the
> Form Design or code is just gray.  No error message.  It just sits there.

> I checked KnowledgeBase but it doesn't mention anything similar.  It must
be
> something stupid that I am, or am not, doing.  Very possible as I am new
> all of this stuff.  So ... if you have any idea what stupid mistake I
might
> be making I would sure appreciate the help.

> Thanks,  Bob

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 12:20:49 GMT
 Can't Use Sample Code CD from Programming Visual Basic .Net (Balena)
Did you check to see if anythings listed in the Solution Explorer?

Quote:
> I ran the setup code on the CD which copied everything to my hard drive.
> Everything on the hard drive looks fine.  All of the right files seem to
be
> there.  But when I open a project or solution file ... nada.  The Visual
> Studio window comes up but the central area which would normally contain
the
> Form Design or code is just gray.  No error message.  It just sits there.

> I checked KnowledgeBase but it doesn't mention anything similar.  It must
be
> something stupid that I am, or am not, doing.  Very possible as I am new
> all of this stuff.  So ... if you have any idea what stupid mistake I
might
> be making I would sure appreciate the help.

> Thanks,  Bob

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 12:37:42 GMT
 Can't Use Sample Code CD from Programming Visual Basic .Net (Balena)
Please excuse my last response, I thought you were talking about the .net
product and not the sample code.

Quote:
> I ran the setup code on the CD which copied everything to my hard drive.
> Everything on the hard drive looks fine.  All of the right files seem to
be
> there.  But when I open a project or solution file ... nada.  The Visual
> Studio window comes up but the central area which would normally contain
the
> Form Design or code is just gray.  No error message.  It just sits there.

> I checked KnowledgeBase but it doesn't mention anything similar.  It must
be
> something stupid that I am, or am not, doing.  Very possible as I am new
> all of this stuff.  So ... if you have any idea what stupid mistake I
might
> be making I would sure appreciate the help.

> Thanks,  Bob

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 12:40:45 GMT
 Can't Use Sample Code CD from Programming Visual Basic .Net (Balena)
I second this.

--
Daniel Okely
dbokely at yahoo.com.au

Quote:
> Did you check to see if anythings listed in the Solution Explorer?

> > I ran the setup code on the CD which copied everything to my hard drive.
> > Everything on the hard drive looks fine.  All of the right files seem to
> be
> > there.  But when I open a project or solution file ... nada.  The Visual
> > Studio window comes up but the central area which would normally contain
> the
> > Form Design or code is just gray.  No error message.  It just sits
there.

> > I checked KnowledgeBase but it doesn't mention anything similar.  It
must
> be
> > something stupid that I am, or am not, doing.  Very possible as I am new
> > all of this stuff.  So ... if you have any idea what stupid mistake I
> might
> > be making I would sure appreciate the help.

> > Thanks,  Bob

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:18:36 GMT
 Can't Use Sample Code CD from Programming Visual Basic .Net (Balena)
Thank you JesterDev and Daniel Okely.  I knew my question was stupid, but I
have to admit that it was even more stupid that I thought.  I had just never
seen that before, and had never even had occasion to use the Solution
Explorer.

Thanks for your help and tolerance.

Bob

Quote:
> I ran the setup code on the CD which copied everything to my hard drive.
> Everything on the hard drive looks fine.  All of the right files seem to
be
> there.  But when I open a project or solution file ... nada.  The Visual
> Studio window comes up but the central area which would normally contain
the
> Form Design or code is just gray.  No error message.  It just sits there.

> I checked KnowledgeBase but it doesn't mention anything similar.  It must
be
> something stupid that I am, or am not, doing.  Very possible as I am new
> all of this stuff.  So ... if you have any idea what stupid mistake I
might
> be making I would sure appreciate the help.

> Thanks,  Bob

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 01:32:22 GMT

1. Sprite graphic sample code with Visual Basic.Net standard

2. Looking for used Visual Basic Programmer's Journal CD-ROM (VBCD)

3. Programming Visual Basic .NET 2nd Edition (O'Reilly) Released

4. Source code for Francesco Balena's book.

5. 'Canned' data in VB program

6. Visual Basic .NET and ADO.NET code - Disconnected Updating Help

7. Write JScript .NET or Visual Basic .NET code directly inside IE

8. Any sample code that works with Visual Studio.net Beta 2

9. sample chapters for Visual Basic.Net available

10. Visual Basic Database Samples Programs

11. binary serial communications (Visual Basic 6.0) sample program ?

12. Visual Basic Tips, Sample, Source-Codes