Interupt a boot up of win2000?
Author Message
 Interupt a boot up of win2000?

off topic, but ...
boot from an ip enabled floppy to get the image off a network server, or
from a cd with the image on it...
Quote:

> Hello,
>    I am looking at trying to Automate our "ghost" process.  Anyway, does
> anyone know how to mod the boot.ini or something that so when I tell the
> PC to reboot, it will boot a different way?  Sounds wierd, but Ghost
> doesn't work in the Win2000 or better world without rebooting to dos.
>    Thanks to anyone with a little insite on this problem.

> Thanks,

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:49:58 GMT
 Interupt a boot up of win2000?
Oh, you're using it as a backup device ... you should be able to map a drive
on the server (which had better have lots of space), and point your batch
job/script at the mapped drive ...

Quote:

> Tim,
>    but can you boot from a floppy and send an image to the server?  I
> was looking for a scheduled way of doing this....To cheap to pay for
> Enterprise software... :-)

> Thanks,

> > off topic, but ...
> > boot from an ip enabled floppy to get the image off a network server, or
> > from a cd with the image on it...

Quote:

> >>Hello,
> >>   I am looking at trying to Automate our "ghost" process.  Anyway, does
> >>anyone know how to mod the boot.ini or something that so when I tell the
> >>PC to reboot, it will boot a different way?  Sounds wierd, but Ghost
> >>doesn't work in the Win2000 or better world without rebooting to dos.
> >>   Thanks to anyone with a little insite on this problem.

> >>Thanks,

Wed, 14 Sep 2005 01:01:44 GMT

1. Timberland Boots, Cheap Timberland Boots, Hiking Waterproof Work boots

2. cold boot / warm boot

3. Disabling Boot Menu and Boot Keys

4. Disabling Boot Menu and Boot Keys

5. Ann: Live Chat on VenturCom Boot-NIC - Windows 2000/XP/XP Embedded Diskless Network Boot

6. Progress bar and interupting a procedure

7. interupting a FOR loop

8. code interupt error message

9. interupt process

10. Interupting the compile process

11. VBDOS: How to interupt a DO..LOOP from a control

12. Dos Interupts