VS.Net and Windows 2000 Server
Author Message
 VS.Net and Windows 2000 Server

Has anyone experienced any problems using VS.Net (specifically VB.Net) on
Windows 2000 Server SP2 from a development prospective.  In other words, I'm
running Win2k Server on my local machine and creating a VB.Net application.
I've experienced a few "strange" things and have chalked them up to "it's a
beta product" but wanted to make sure that my machine configuration wasn't
an issue...

Thanks in advance for any insight you might be able to provide!

--
TK Herman

Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:50:03 GMT
 VS.Net and Windows 2000 Server
I can't open a new web project after i create a virtual web site in iis.
There must be only localhost (the default web site in iis). If you create a
new one with host header information, you cant create web projects. At least
it happened me. I dont know if it's a bug, but i couldnt find any
information for solving it.

Quote:
> Has anyone experienced any problems using VS.Net (specifically VB.Net) on
> Windows 2000 Server SP2 from a development prospective.  In other words,
I'm
> running Win2k Server on my local machine and creating a VB.Net
application.
> I've experienced a few "strange" things and have chalked them up to "it's
> beta product" but wanted to make sure that my machine configuration wasn't
> an issue...

> Thanks in advance for any insight you might be able to provide!

> --
> TK Herman

Fri, 13 Feb 2004 23:07:48 GMT
 VS.Net and Windows 2000 Server
Nope, no problems here... I have a "clean" win2k, vs.net, office 2k, SQL 2k,
machine only, tho...

Thanks,
Shawn

Quote:
> Has anyone experienced any problems using VS.Net (specifically VB.Net) on
> Windows 2000 Server SP2 from a development prospective.  In other words,
I'm
> running Win2k Server on my local machine and creating a VB.Net
application.
> I've experienced a few "strange" things and have chalked them up to "it's
> beta product" but wanted to make sure that my machine configuration wasn't
> an issue...

> Thanks in advance for any insight you might be able to provide!

> --
> TK Herman

Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:09:47 GMT

1. rds windows nt vs windows 2000 server

2. VB.Net installation on Windows 2000 Server

3. CR8+VB6+SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2000

4. CR6 and SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2000

5. No Microsoft Transaction Server Type Library in Windows 2000 Advanced Server

6. windows.net doesn't like vs.net

7. Windows 95 vs 2000

8. Windows 2000 MTS vs. COM+

9. Winnt vs Windows 2000

10. Word 2000 from within VB: Windows 2000: error, Windows ME: ok

11. Unable to distribute VB.net App onto Windows 2000 machines

12. Unable to distribute VB.net App onto Windows 2000 machines