weird dataview behavior or a possible bug
Author Message
 weird dataview behavior or a possible bug

I have a winform to a customer table via a dataset  dscustomer1 and a dataviewcustomers. Text controls are bound to the dataview (which can be filtered) the customer ID is an identity field and the dataset is updated using autogenerated stored procedure.

If I add 1 record and update the dataset everything is fine, If I add more than 1 record,  I get an error from the dataset that appears on the add of record3:

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.Data.ConstraintException' occurred in system.data.dll
Additional information: Column 'CompanyID' is constrained to be unique.  Value '1' is already present."

There is no field "value" in my dataset so I am assuming it is an internal  pointer until the true Identity value is returned by the stored procedure.

Is this a bug or something I need to handle?

 I am assuming we are supposed to be handle to add more than 1 record to a disconnected dataset and post all the additions in one hit.

Colin

Wed, 01 Sep 2004 07:10:23 GMT

1. Strange behavior Text Boxes bound to a Dataview

2. Stange String Behavior - Bug or Bugged ?

3. Pass-Through Query for Stored Proc Weird Behavior

4. Weird A2K/OE behavior

5. Weird Form behavior when called by function

6. WEIRD BEHAVIOR with comboboxes - selections won't save

7. GetNext method - weird behavior

8. Weird behavior when editing Parent-Child Grids

9. Is this behaviour with DataView a bug?

10. Weird behavior on IDE

11. Weird vbscript behavior with large tables

12. really weird behavior with NUMLOCK