Folder Open Dialog - How to pre-select folder
Author Message
 Folder Open Dialog - How to pre-select folder

I have read many postings on creating a Directory Select Dialog.

I haven't found any examples for .NET that allow me to pre-select which
folder in the dialog box will be selected when it is displayed.

Any idea's?

-Mike

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 00:49:57 GMT
 Folder Open Dialog - How to pre-select folder
Hello Mike,

Quote:
> I have read many postings on creating a Directory Select Dialog.

> I haven't found any examples for .NET that allow me to pre-select
which
> folder in the dialog box will be selected when it is displayed.

The following sample allows you to specify a start path:

http://radio.weblogs.com/0110109/stories/2002/07/15/browingsForAFolder.h
tml
(put the link in a single line)

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 03:11:46 GMT
 Folder Open Dialog - How to pre-select folder
Thanks, that worked.

Although the first few times I ran my program, the dialog box didn't bring
up the selected folder....weird.

But everything seems to be working now.

-Mike

Quote:
> Hello Mike,

> > I have read many postings on creating a Directory Select Dialog.

> > I haven't found any examples for .NET that allow me to pre-select
> which
> > folder in the dialog box will be selected when it is displayed.

> The following sample allows you to specify a start path:

> http://radio.weblogs.com/0110109/stories/2002/07/15/browingsForAFolder.h
> tml
> (put the link in a single line)

> Regards,
> Herfried K. Wagner

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 04:34:52 GMT

1. Determine Selected Folder and Selected Item in Folder

2. Specify an initial folder for the Browse for folder dialog

3. Treeview control changing the picture to open folder/close folder

4. Select Folder Dialog

5. Select Folder dialog in Word 2000

6. Using Select Folder dialog in my application

7. Folder Select dialog

8. Using Common Dialog control, possible to select folders and their associated files

9. Common select folder dialog?

10. Common dialog for folder select

11. Select Folder Dialog

12. "Select folder" dialog