Practice Files Missing in VB .NET 2003?
Author Message
 Practice Files Missing in VB .NET 2003?

I just installed VB .NET Standard 2003 on Win XP, and
went to dive into the included tutorial, but hit a snag
when it came time to open the included practice project -
the MusicTrivia program.

I can't find the damn thing. The book says to open a
folder named C:\VBNET2003, but it's not there. In fact,
there's no folder on my entire disk with that name. I
didn't customize the installation process at all, so I'd
think it'd be there.

jdandy

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 06:56:42 GMT
 Practice Files Missing in VB .NET 2003?
Hello,

Quote:
> I just installed VB .NET Standard 2003 on Win XP, and
> went to dive into the included tutorial, but hit a snag
> when it came time to open the included practice project -
> the MusicTrivia program.

> I can't find the damn thing. The book says to open a
> folder named C:\VBNET2003, but it's not there. In fact,
> there's no folder on my entire disk with that name. I
> didn't customize the installation process at all, so I'd
> think it'd be there.

Maybe the book includes a CD-ROM which contains some samples and must be
installed on the computer.

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
MVP VB Classic, VB .NET
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 07:30:00 GMT
 Practice Files Missing in VB .NET 2003?

Quote:

> Hello,

> > I just installed VB .NET Standard 2003 on Win XP, and
> > went to dive into the included tutorial, but hit a snag
> > when it came time to open the included practice project -
> > the MusicTrivia program.

> > I can't find the damn thing. The book says to open a
> > folder named C:\VBNET2003, but it's not there. In fact,
> > there's no folder on my entire disk with that name. I
> > didn't customize the installation process at all, so I'd
> > think it'd be there.

> Maybe the book includes a CD-ROM which contains some samples and must be
> installed on the computer.

It's included with another book...

A quick Google search for 'MusicTrivia "vb net"' found this thread:

http://groups.google.com.au/groups?threadm=063a01c1dfed%243b7dfc00%24...

--
Regards,
Mark Hurd, B.Sc.(Ma.) (Hons.)

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 11:43:47 GMT

1. VB .Net 2003 Standard or VS .Net 2003 Pro for Smart Devices

2. Difference between VB NET and VB NET 2003

3. vb.net 2002 or vb.net 2003 beta

4. Problem with config files in VB.NET 2003

5. INI files with VB 2003.NET

6. VB.Net Editor keystrokes lag/slow to respond (VS.NET 2003)

7. Problem with VB.NET under .NET 2003 Final beta

8. Visual Studio .Net 2003 Final Beta, simple socket code breaks between 2002 and 2003

9. VB.Net or VB 2003

10. Help:Migrating reports from VB.Beta to VB.Net 2003

11. Office vis a vis .NET 2002 and .NET 2003

12. attn MSFT: annoying invisible compiler errors in VB.NET 2003