Class Libraries vs. Classes
Author Message
 Class Libraries vs. Classes

I just have a simple question I guess.  If you have a class (just one),
what's the difference between adding the class to the project or adding the
class to a class library, compiling it, adding a reference to the DLL and
using it that way?

Thanks,
Jim

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 05:11:24 GMT
 Class Libraries vs. Classes
Jim,
If that one class changes, you would need to recompile all of the projects.

If that one class were in a class library, you would only need to recompile
the class library.

Assuming that the AssumblyVersion of the class library stayed the same...

Also, VS.NET has trouble sharing files, normally it tries to copy the
source, so if you added the source to each project, you would need to copy
the source to each project if you changed it...

Hope this helps
Jay

Quote:
> I just have a simple question I guess.  If you have a class (just one),
> what's the difference between adding the class to the project or adding
the
> class to a class library, compiling it, adding a reference to the DLL and
> using it that way?

> Thanks,
> Jim

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:49:44 GMT

1. Looking for 3rd Party Class Library (Collection Class) for Visual Basic

2. Looking for 3rd Party Class Library (Collection Class) for Visual Basic

3. Performance: Compiled Classes as DLL vs Classes in Application Code

4. Performance: Compiled Classes as DLL vs Classes in Application Code

5. Performance: Compiled Classes as DLL vs Classes in Application Code

6. Dim obj As New Class crt Dim Obj As Class = New Class

7. derive class from protected class in base class

8. data class vs datacontrol vs data environemt

9. Libraries & Classes

10. Using class modules in a code library

11. How can I use class that in library database

12. Code Library and Class Modules