Regions and "Find and replace"
Author Message
 Regions and "Find and replace"

Anyone experienced this annoying problem, is there anything I can do about
it.

I'm using the new "regions" to group like code, and I'm able to choose
whether to view it or not with a click of a button.  Only problem though,
when I use the find/replace functions for the text editor, it doesn't search
any closed regions, only open ones.  I can see where this might be useful
sometime, but for the most part it's a hassle to open up all the regions to
do a full find/replace.

Thanks for reading, maybe I just need a smack on my pampered butt.

Michael

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 04:05:22 GMT
 Regions and "Find and replace"
Michael-

There is a "Search hidden text" checkbox on the find dialog that will take
care of it for you.

--
Jacob Grass
Microsoft .NET MVP

Quote:
> Anyone experienced this annoying problem, is there anything I can do about
> it.

> I'm using the new "regions" to group like code, and I'm able to choose
> whether to view it or not with a click of a button.  Only problem though,
> when I use the find/replace functions for the text editor, it doesn't
search
> any closed regions, only open ones.  I can see where this might be useful
> sometime, but for the most part it's a hassle to open up all the regions
> do a full find/replace.

> Thanks for reading, maybe I just need a smack on my pampered butt.

> Michael

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 04:40:54 GMT
 Regions and "Find and replace"
I'm Blind :-)  Thanks!

Quote:
> Michael-

> There is a "Search hidden text" checkbox on the find dialog that will take
> care of it for you.

> --
> Jacob Grass
> Microsoft .NET MVP

> > Anyone experienced this annoying problem, is there anything I can do
about
> > it.

> > I'm using the new "regions" to group like code, and I'm able to choose
> > whether to view it or not with a click of a button.  Only problem
though,
> > when I use the find/replace functions for the text editor, it doesn't
> search
> > any closed regions, only open ones.  I can see where this might be
useful
> > sometime, but for the most part it's a hassle to open up all the regions
> > do a full find/replace.

> > Thanks for reading, maybe I just need a smack on my pampered butt.

> > Michael

Wed, 08 Sep 2004 05:54:21 GMT

1. Find Replace "my way"

2. Find A and @ replace with "quotes"

3. "HELP!" finding search/replace routine

4. CSng(Replace("","","")) = 0.0?

5. How to Replace("String Irregular # of space", "?", "")

6. Finding "FIND" method

7. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

8. Replacing "Me" in a standard module

9. "Replace all "

10. replace null in field with "-"

11. macro for "replace" in word