There's a way to get the OS font size?

Thanks
Fausto

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 21:09:27 GMT
 Getting operating system font size..

Quote:
> There's a way to get the OS font size?

Check SystemParametersInfo() function, which retrieves or sets the
value of one of the system-wide parameters. This function can also
update the user profile while setting a parameter.

  BOOL SystemParametersInfo(
  UINT uiAction,  // system parameter to retrieve or set
  UINT uiParam,   // depends on action to be taken
  PVOID pvParam,  // depends on action to be taken
  UINT fWinIni    // user profile update option
);

--
Peter Wu
Microsoft Corporation

rights.

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 13:58:32 GMT
 Getting operating system font size..
Sorry but I can't find how can I see if the system fonts are normal, large
or else...

Fausto

Quote:
> > There's a way to get the OS font size?

> Check SystemParametersInfo() function, which retrieves or sets the
> value of one of the system-wide parameters. This function can also
> update the user profile while setting a parameter.

>   BOOL SystemParametersInfo(
>   UINT uiAction,  // system parameter to retrieve or set
>   UINT uiParam,   // depends on action to be taken
>   PVOID pvParam,  // depends on action to be taken
>   UINT fWinIni    // user profile update option
> );

> --
> Peter Wu
> Microsoft Corporation

> rights.

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:03:10 GMT
 Getting operating system font size..

Quote:
> Sorry but I can't find how can I see if the system fonts are
> normal, large or else...

The system settings don't set the font size - not only. What it
really does is setting the relation between pixels and inches.
To retrive the pixels ("dots") per inch:

Dim g As Graphics

g = Graphics.FromHwnd(New IntPtr(0))
MsgBox(g.DpiX & " " & g.DpiY)
g.Dispose()

"small" and "large" are only predfined sizes (96 resp. 120dpi)

Armin

Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:56:03 GMT

1. Getting SYSTEM FONT SIZE

2. getting operating system info

3. Getting Operating System Information

4. Windows Display Font Sizes Vs. Application Font Sizes

5. Printing a Bitmap with a specific font size On print Font size incorrect

6. Change size, font, and font size of input boxes

7. Problem with system font size

8. Mystery components dissaper with system font size change???

9. setting the system font size..

10. system font size

11. how to get System Font Size?

12. Getting font size in 'twips'