MSDN for VB6 & .NET
Author Message
 MSDN for VB6 & .NET

I have an MSDN Universal subscription, and I have several of the
applications installed and in use.

Generally, I'm developing in ASP/SQL Server, but while on the one hand I'm
trying to get into ASP.NET/VB.NET, I'm still doing some VB6 work.

Recently I've been revamping some COM Dlls built in VB6, but when I've
wanted to query the help, it says "Unable to display help". I'm assuming
that is because MSDN has been updated to the newer (.NET) versions. I had a
look through my latest version (Oct 2002) for VB6 help but it only find
VB.NET.

Where is the VB6 help info held these days and how do I link it back in VS6
(so I can go back to my trusty F1 key!)?

I'm having to look on the web for help, but sometimes its like wading
through treacle!

Thanks

CJM

Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:01:49 GMT
 MSDN for VB6 & .NET

Quote:
> I have an MSDN Universal subscription, and I have several of the
> applications installed and in use.

> Generally, I'm developing in ASP/SQL Server, but while on the one hand I'm
> trying to get into ASP.NET/VB.NET, I'm still doing some VB6 work.

> Recently I've been revamping some COM Dlls built in VB6, but when I've
> wanted to query the help, it says "Unable to display help". I'm assuming
> that is because MSDN has been updated to the newer (.NET) versions. I had
> look through my latest version (Oct 2002) for VB6 help but it only find
> VB.NET.

> Where is the VB6 help info held these days and how do I link it back in
VS6
> (so I can go back to my trusty F1 key!)?

> I'm having to look on the web for help, but sometimes its like wading
> through treacle!

Install October 2001 MSDN library... its the last one compatible with VS6.0.

HTH, Loz.

Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:43:33 GMT

1. Upgrade codes from VB6 to VB.NET on MSDN KB

2. VB6 & MSDN Library Jan 2002

3. VB6 & MSDN

4. VB.NET & VB6

5. VB6 & VB.NET Assemblers

6. VB6 & VS.net

7. VB6, VB.NET & Crystal Viewer

8. VB6 & VB.NET Forms - Non Modal

9. Question about VS.Net from MSDN subscription

10. New article on porting ASP pages to ASP .NET available on MSDN

11. VS.Net delivery to MSDN Universal - When

12. Ann: Alternative MSDN.NET Viewer Available