Cannot start/install any ASP.NET page on my web server
Author Message
 Cannot start/install any ASP.NET page on my web server

I installed .NET framework and its service pack 1 into a
Windows 2000 server with IIS 5.0 installed. But I cannot
start or install any ASP.NET pages/application into this
server.

Then I checked event viewer. In the application section, I
see the following 2 errors show up every 30 seconds. Does
anybody know how to fix this problem?

Error message 1:
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. HRESULT for the
failure: 80004005

Error message 2:
aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username
and/or password supplied in the processModel section of
the config file are invalid.

Thanks a lot.

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 01:19:19 GMT
 Cannot start/install any ASP.NET page on my web server
Hi Bruce,

The problem is that the account shown for asp.net doesn't have permission to
do what it needs to do. Take a look at Q317012 for all the detail.

HTH

Greg Low
Brisbane, Oztralia

Quote:
> I installed .NET framework and its service pack 1 into a
> Windows 2000 server with IIS 5.0 installed. But I cannot
> start or install any ASP.NET pages/application into this
> server.

> Then I checked event viewer. In the application section, I
> see the following 2 errors show up every 30 seconds. Does
> anybody know how to fix this problem?

> Error message 1:
> aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. HRESULT for the
> failure: 80004005

> Error message 2:
> aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username
> and/or password supplied in the processModel section of
> the config file are invalid.

> Thanks a lot.

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:05:03 GMT

1. How to install ASP in non-MS web server

2. Displaying a report in an ASP.Net web page

3. Fw: uploading files to web server using asp.net

4. Fw: uploading files to web server using asp.net

5. server time reported on .asp web pages, how do I report client side time correctly

6. asp pages w/personal web server???

7. fat client (MSMQ, VB Program) or thin client (ASP page then have Web server use MSMQ)

8. ASP Page on Windows Ce 3.0 Web Server

9. Vb.net web page sql server access question

10. Cannot run ASP pages anymore - COM+ and ASP error

11. Crystal Reports v9 hangs in ASP page on Win2K and .NET Server

12. VB.Net & Asp.Net Web - Question about redirecting to other Page as session starts