Adapting To Different Screen Resolutions?
Author Message
 Adapting To Different Screen Resolutions?

Is there an easy way now to have my VB.NET application (Windows Form) adapt
to different user screen resolution settings? In VB6 we just used a third
party control (or coded it ourselves). Is there a form property or method or
other solution available to do this in VB.NET?

Thanks,
Kevin W. Miller

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 05:34:09 GMT
 Adapting To Different Screen Resolutions?
Hi Kevin,

To avoid problems that are caused by the different screen resolutions, we
can use the following methods:

1. Anchoring and docking controls on the form.
2. Use MaxumuSize and MinimumSize property of the form.

Etc

You may want to refer to the following articles for more information:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskAnchoringCont...

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/winforms/doc/WinFormsFormLayo...

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Leo Chen

--------------------

| Subject: Adapting To Different Screen Resolutions?
| Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:34:09 -0800

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
|

| Is there an easy way now to have my VB.NET application (Windows Form)
adapt
| to different user screen resolution settings? In VB6 we just used a third
| party control (or coded it ourselves). Is there a form property or method
or
| other solution available to do this in VB.NET?
|
| Thanks,
| Kevin W. Miller

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:00:34 GMT
 Adapting To Different Screen Resolutions?

Quote:
> Hi Kevin,

> To avoid problems that are caused by the different screen resolutions, we
> can use the following methods:

> 1. Anchoring and docking controls on the form.
> 2. Use MaxumuSize and MinimumSize property of the form.

> Etc

> You may want to refer to the following articles for more information:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vbcon/html/vbtskAnchoringCont...
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/winforms/doc/WinFormsFormLayo...
Quote:

> Hope this helps.

> Best Regards,
> Leo Chen

rights.

> --------------------

> | Subject: Adapting To Different Screen Resolutions?
> | Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:34:09 -0800

> | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
> |

> | Is there an easy way now to have my VB.NET application (Windows Form)
> adapt
> | to different user screen resolution settings? In VB6 we just used a
third
> | party control (or coded it ourselves). Is there a form property or
method
> or
> | other solution available to do this in VB.NET?
> |
> | Thanks,
> | Kevin W. Miller

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:16:04 GMT

1. Screen to adapt to user resolution

2. Rezing Forms for Different Screen Resolutions

3. Dynamic GUI: Programming with VBA for different screen sizes and resolutions

4. Any technique to display window form in different screen resolution

5. dealing with different screen resolutions

6. Handiling Different Screen Resolution

7. Forms in different screen resolutions

8. Adjusting VB for different screen resolutions

9. Different screen resolutions

10. Compensating for different screen resolutions

11. Handiling Different Screen Resolution

12. Adjusting forms / controls for different screen resolutions.