Uploading file via windows form to server location
Author Message
 Uploading file via windows form to server location

Can someone point me to some information on how to move files to a
remote server via a windows form?  All I can find is uploading files
using web forms. Is there a "best practice" way of doing this?  Ftp?
SOAP?

Thanks,
rune

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 01:40:22 GMT
 Uploading file via windows form to server location
Hello,

Quote:
> Can someone point me to some information on how to move files to a
> remote server via a windows form?  All I can find is uploading files
> using web forms. Is there a "best practice" way of doing this?  Ftp?
> SOAP?

FTP:

http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=4655

http://www.allapi.net/downloads/NetFTP.zip

http://www.visualbuilder.com/article/viewarticle.asp?id=1234

C#:

http://www.CSharphelp.com/archives/archive9.html

http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/FTPDriver1.asp

You may want to use SCP instead.

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 01:42:56 GMT
 Uploading file via windows form to server location

Quote:
> Can someone point me to some information on how to move files to a
> remote server via a windows form?  All I can find is uploading files
> using web forms. Is there a "best practice" way of doing this?  Ftp?
> SOAP?

Don't forget good old SMB windows networking

  System.IO.File.Copy("localFile",\\serverName\sharename\FileName.ext)

David

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:42:15 GMT
 Uploading file via windows form to server location

http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Details.aspx?SampleGui...
A38-7F5B-45E0-9C36-64B987947C20

This is an excellent FTP class.

The tweaks to it are also on the same page!
--
Joe Fallon

Quote:
> Can someone point me to some information on how to move files to a
> remote server via a windows form?  All I can find is uploading files
> using web forms. Is there a "best practice" way of doing this?  Ftp?
> SOAP?

> Thanks,
> rune

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:55:12 GMT

1. File Upload via Active Server

2. HOW TO: Upload XML file to web server via wireless

3. Datei Upload per HTTP / File upload via HTTP

4. Uploading a file from a Web Form to a Sql Server

5. How to upload to an FTP server via telephone line

6. how to connect to internet and upload files via ftp

7. File Upload via HTTP.

8. uploading a file via a web page

9. uploading files via ASP

10. uploading a file via XMLHTTP...

11. Uploading file(s) via PWS on WinNT/9x

12. Upload File via HTTP?