Anchor property - VB.NET Bug?
Author Message
 Anchor property - VB.NET Bug?

Ok, I have 2 panels, each containing several controls. I also have one
PictureBox on the form. I selected 3 child controls of one of the panels
(which has no dock set) and selected Anchor Left & Right. Then I clicked on
my picture box and set it's anchor to Top & Left. I then clicked on another
control in the same panel as before and set it's anchor property to nothing.
So here is what I should of had:

Form>PictureBox1 : Top, Left
Form>Panel1>Label1 : Left, Right
Form>Panel1>Label2 : Left, Right
Form>Panel1>Picturebox2 : None

But when I started the application, everything looked wrong, so I stopped
the application, and here is what was set:

Form>PictureBox1 : Right, Top
Form>Panel1>Label1 : None
Form>Panel1>Label2 : None
Form>Panel1>Picturebox2 : Bottom, Left

And when I went to reset the anchor properties (after realizing that they
were all skrewed up), .NET seemed to be asigining the anchor property
randomly each time i clicked on a different control.

This has only happened once, I now have several controls on the form and
several panels with child controls and everything is working fine.

Isn't that strange? Did I do something to cause this? Thanks.

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:38:05 GMT
 Anchor property - VB.NET Bug?
I too have seen this behaviour. I gave up but have since got round some tab
control oddities by editing the windows generated code for the form. It
seems, in the case of the tab control at least, it is just the code being
generated by the IDE that's at fault. I suggest you try manually changing
the property setting in the generated code and see if this fixes it.

Quote:
> Ok, I have 2 panels, each containing several controls. I also have one
> PictureBox on the form. I selected 3 child controls of one of the panels
> (which has no dock set) and selected Anchor Left & Right. Then I clicked
on
> my picture box and set it's anchor to Top & Left. I then clicked on
another
> control in the same panel as before and set it's anchor property to
nothing.
> So here is what I should of had:

> Form>PictureBox1 : Top, Left
> Form>Panel1>Label1 : Left, Right
> Form>Panel1>Label2 : Left, Right
> Form>Panel1>Picturebox2 : None

> But when I started the application, everything looked wrong, so I stopped
> the application, and here is what was set:

> Form>PictureBox1 : Right, Top
> Form>Panel1>Label1 : None
> Form>Panel1>Label2 : None
> Form>Panel1>Picturebox2 : Bottom, Left

> And when I went to reset the anchor properties (after realizing that they
> were all skrewed up), .NET seemed to be asigining the anchor property
> randomly each time i clicked on a different control.

> This has only happened once, I now have several controls on the form and
> several panels with child controls and everything is working fine.

> Isn't that strange? Did I do something to cause this? Thanks.

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:05:48 GMT

1. BUG: Anchor property cannot be set on TabPages

2. My Bug or VB.Net Bug ???

3. Bug in VisualStudio.NET editor for VB.NET

4. ADO.Net to fetch ActiveDirectory this function bugs in Asp.net but works in Vb.n

5. asp.net anchor

6. Project98 OLE & VB: bugs, bugs, bugs

7. VB6: Property Sheets Bug?, Custom Controls and properties

8. VB 5.0 Printing Properties - Try This - BUG?

9. MaskEdBox .Text property Binding object bug in VB 6

10. Bug in Visio Save as Web in VB.net

11. Mysterious bug in VB.NET 1.1 compiler

12. ActiveX OCXs and VB.NET - possible bug