VB.NET app won't work after update to WinXP SP1
Author Message
 VB.NET app won't work after update to WinXP SP1

Hi,

I installed SP1 for WinXP yesterday and suddenly, one of my programs just
refuses to cooperate.

Cast from string "" to type 'Long' is not valid.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Cast from string "" to type 'Long' is not
valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct
format.
   at System.Number.ParseDecimal(String s, NumberStyles style,
NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Decimal.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider
provider)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LongType.FromString(String
Value)

Any clues?

Thank you,
Bram

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:21:16 GMT
 VB.NET app won't work after update to WinXP SP1
I had the same thing happen,  but I could not load a solution file.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I installed SP1 for WinXP yesterday and suddenly, one of my programs just
> refuses to cooperate.

> Cast from string "" to type 'Long' is not valid.

> ************** Exception Text **************
> System.InvalidCastException: Cast from string "" to type 'Long' is not
> valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct
> format.
>    at System.Number.ParseDecimal(String s, NumberStyles style,
> NumberFormatInfo info)
>    at System.Decimal.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider
> provider)
>    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LongType.FromString(String
> Value)
>    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

> Any clues?

> Thank you,
> Bram

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 05:18:46 GMT
 VB.NET app won't work after update to WinXP SP1

Quote:

> I had the same thing happen,  but I could not load a solution file.

I installed XP sp1 today, and *haven't* had any problems loading
pre-existing vb.net code/solutions.

Sam J. Marrocco
Sr. Visual Effects Artist/R&D
Inferno, Flame, Houdini, All that cool stuff!
Travelling Pictures/GTN
"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn"

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:01:09 GMT

1. Win API Call not working in vb.net app distributed to WIn 98

2. mswinsck.ocx VB6(SP5) - progs won't work with WinXP

3. mswinsck.ocx VB6(SP5) - progs won't work with WinXP

4. simple ftp app developed on win98 won't work on win nt

5. please help: VB app with ADODC won't work at Win98

6. VB hooks to WORD don't seem to work with Word 2000 SP1

7. VB.NET DLL's With A VB.NET App

8. ADO .NET won't update table

9. App.EXE Won't Start Update

10. I ran the VB5 ASW, but my app still won't work on other computers

11. I ran the VB5 ASW, but my app still won't work on other computers

12. app won't work with vb6