Wild Card search in VB .NET
Author Message
 Wild Card search in VB .NET

Hi,

I am working on having a static list of strings such as
"1-Monday","2-Tuesday"
and want to be able to do a wildcard search on just "Monday" or "1"
and get back the correct record. I am not sure what would be the best
way to do this or if it is even possible. Any input and help is
appreciated.
Thanks,
Hal

Fri, 13 May 2005 22:54:20 GMT
 Wild Card search in VB .NET
Calling InStr on each string in a loop will tell you whether or not that
string contains the instance of what you're looking for -- see
ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/vblr7/html/vafctInStr.htm.

Matt
VB Team

> Hi,

> I am working on having a static list of strings such as
> "1-Monday","2-Tuesday"
> and want to be able to do a wildcard search on just "Monday" or "1"
> and get back the correct record. I am not sure what would be the best
> way to do this or if it is even possible. Any input and help is
> appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Hal

Sat, 14 May 2005 05:29:50 GMT
 Wild Card search in VB .NET
Is it possible to a wildcard search through an string array with. Below
is how i have my string array defined.

Private lstrDays() As String = {"1-Sunday", "2-Monday", "3-Tuesday",
"4-Wednesday", "5-Thursday", "6-Friday", "7-Saturday"}

Or is there another way that i could build this list and do wildcard
searches against it, without having to loop through it.
Thanks,
Halsey

Sat, 14 May 2005 05:47:01 GMT

1. wild card search

2. Wild card searches

3. Using Wild Cards in file search routine

4. Wild cards and filenames

5. resolve address wild card

6. find & Replace with wild cards and patterns

7. Wild card expression help

8. Wild Card SQL and ADO

9. FileCopy with wild cards?

10. Kill file using wild card