Slow loading of VB .Net exe file
Author Message
 Slow loading of VB .Net exe file

Hi,

I deployed my first VB .Net exe file.  However, loaging
the file (by clicking the exe file icon) is extreamly
slow and took about one minute.  The software is relative
samall (The .exe file is only 70 MB). There is no database
and network conenction in the software.  Neither it has
imaging loading propcess.

What is wrong?  Thanks for the tip.

Hugh

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 05:15:50 GMT
 Slow loading of VB .Net exe file
Hello Hugh,

Quote:
> I deployed my first VB .Net exe file.  However, loaging
> the file (by clicking the exe file icon) is extreamly
> slow and took about one minute.  The software is relative
> samall (The .exe file is only 70 MB). There is no database

"relative small, 70 MB"?

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 05:29:01 GMT
 Slow loading of VB .Net exe file
Hi,
It should be 70 KB not 70MB as it was stated in my riginal
post.

Thanks.

Hugh

Quote:

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 05:48:03 GMT
 Slow loading of VB .Net exe file

Hi Herfried,

It was a typo and should be 70 KB.  Thanks. Any idea?

Hugh

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 05:53:06 GMT
 Slow loading of VB .Net exe file
Hello Hugh,

Quote:
> It was a typo and should be 70 KB.  Thanks. Any idea?

Maybe this problem occurs because there the user account "ASPNET"
doesn't exist on the system. If this account doesn't exist, create it
(the account can be disabled).

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 06:02:27 GMT
 Slow loading of VB .Net exe file

Quote:
> I deployed my first VB .Net exe file.  However, loaging
> the file (by clicking the exe file icon) is extreamly
> slow and took about one minute.  The software is relative
> samall (The .exe file is only 70 MB). There is no database
> and network conenction in the software.  Neither it has
> imaging loading propcess.

> What is wrong?  Thanks for the tip.

70MB = small?  70*K*B = small!

Armin

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 05:52:18 GMT
 Slow loading of VB .Net exe file
Hi Herfried,
Can you elaborate on how to do it? Either creeate or disable.

Thanks very much.

Hugh

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 06:44:04 GMT
 Slow loading of VB .Net exe file
Hugh

If you close the app and then reopen the app again does it
load faster? If it does the lag is the time it takes to
load the framework (Which is much larger than 70KB.
Another thing you can investigate is creating a compiled
image using the ngen.exe utility found in the framework
folder.

HTH

Jeff B

Quote:

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 23:59:46 GMT
 Slow loading of VB .Net exe file
Hi Jeff,

There is no difference on loading time if the application
is loaded second time.  Thanks for your help.  I was away during the
last couple of days and could not do the test.

Hugh

Wed, 17 Aug 2005 02:23:51 GMT
 Slow loading of VB .Net exe file
That is a big exe. the code gets loaded through 3 dlls before the exe starts
running, thats why its slow
Quote:
>Subject: Slow loading of VB .Net exe file

>Date: 24/02/03 21:15 GMT Standard Time

>Hi,

>I deployed my first VB .Net exe file.  However, loaging
>the file (by clicking the exe file icon) is extreamly
>slow and took about one minute.  The software is relative
>samall (The .exe file is only 70 MB). There is no database
>and network conenction in the software.  Neither it has
>imaging loading propcess.

>What is wrong?  Thanks for the tip.

>Hugh

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 07:35:47 GMT
 Slow loading of VB .Net exe file
Hi Ciaran,

You think that this slow loading process is normal for this .exe.
However, I tested on a few machines after posted the message, the
associated.

Thanks.

Hugh

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 22:32:26 GMT

1. slow loading of .exe file

2. vb.net exe's on NT 4 problem - programs start slow

3. Load A new Version of an Exe File From the same Exe file

4. Load A new Version of an Exe File From the same Exe file

5. How to create an Exe file and a setup file in VB.NET

6. VB.Net Editor keystrokes lag/slow to respond (VS.NET 2003)

7. vb.net slow with vs.net

8. Communication between Vb EXE and VB.NET EXE

9. VB EXE to VB.NET EXE

11. Distributing the exe file from vb.net apps

12. how to make an exe file in VB.net