Static variables are not supported...
Author Message
 Static variables are not supported...

...Module and class level may be used.

Ok, so why is the static keyworks (and related use) mentioned on MSDN
documentation?

Corrado

Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:14:29 GMT
 Static variables are not supported...
I didn't see it anywhere in the "Visual Basic Language Specification", which
is the definitive doc on VB.Net.

Note: In some cases, Shared can be substituted for C#'s Static. 7.5.1

--
Jonathan Allen

Quote:
> ...Module and class level may be used.

> Ok, so why is the static keyworks (and related use) mentioned on MSDN
> documentation?

> Corrado

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 02:11:09 GMT
 Static variables are not supported...
Documentation states tha if you use:
Sub test()
Static x as integer
end Sub

x value is retained when code is out of sub (this happened for years...) but
if you try using it yougot the warning message.

on Bob butler site I've read that this function is not yet implemented on
beta1, that may be the reason

Corrado

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 03:50:12 GMT
 Static variables are not supported...

Quote:
>on Bob butler site I've read that this function is not yet implemented on
>beta1, that may be the reason

It's gone. However, it's not that big of a loss. Just make it a class
member and you're set.

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:13:11 GMT
 Static variables are not supported...
What document?

--
Jonathan Allen

Quote:
> Documentation states tha if you use:
> Sub test()
> Static x as integer
> end Sub

> x value is retained when code is out of sub (this happened for years...)
but
> if you try using it yougot the warning message.

> on Bob butler site I've read that this function is not yet implemented on
> beta1, that may be the reason

> Corrado

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:17:31 GMT
 Static variables are not supported...
Look on MSDN doc. search for Static keyword

Corrado

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:45:08 GMT
 Static variables are not supported...
Yes, it does appear that the VB Language Reference is out of date. Use the
Language Specification, it's more complete.

--
Jonathan Allen

Quote:
> Look on MSDN doc. search for Static keyword

> Corrado

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 05:02:05 GMT

1. Static variable not static enough ???

2. static variable not being retained???

3. Error 430 : Class does not support Automation or Does not support expected Interface

4. Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface

5. Class does not support automation or does not support expected interface

6. Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface

7. shared variable not working what am I missing?

8. Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

9. Variable uses Automation Type not supported in Visual Basic

10. Error 458: Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

11. variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic

12. Variable uses Automation type not supported in Visual Basic