VB .Net Bug & workaround
Author Message
 VB .Net Bug & workaround

Hey gang,
  I got some really weird behavior, and thought I'd appriase y'all of my
findings.

I made a form, as a music player.  The general idea is: When someone starts
playing a certain song in my program, a web browser in the program navigates
to the musician's information (all included in a CD). Now, I set the
background of the form to be an image, just to add some flavor.  Once I've
done that, adding the Internet Explorer control directly on the image
background totally hoses the loading cycle, preventing me from populating my
list of songs.  An instance of IE on the imaged background just would not
let me do anything on load!

The way around this is to add a plain panel.  Then, put the IE control in
the panel.  This will cause the system to load normally again.

Blake

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:50:48 GMT
 VB .Net Bug & workaround

Hello,

Thank you for using the Microsoft Newsgroups.

Can paste your code. I cannot reproduce the problem according to your
description.

If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Regards,

Jian-Wei Yu
Microsoft Support

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:29:35 GMT

1. ASP.Net and Export to Stream - bug workaround

2. VB6 DataCombo update bug & workaround

3. Sendkeys Bug, Numlock & KB workaround problem

4. BUG: Workaround for cool menu accelerator bug?

5. Project98 OLE & VB: bugs, bugs, bugs

6. Bug - Workaround Needed VB 6 SP5

7. VB Script engine variable dec bug? (Workaround Needed)

8. My Bug or VB.Net Bug ???

9. Bug in VisualStudio.NET editor for VB.NET

10. ADO.Net to fetch ActiveDirectory this function bugs in Asp.net but works in Vb.n

11. Workaround for bug in delegate permissions?

12. UserForm bug - is there a workaround?