XP's common controls in VB.NET
Author Message
 XP's common controls in VB.NET

I was recently working on the Visual C++ 7 IDE and when I made some of he
forms and ran it, I was surprised to see that all buttons in the run-time
had automatically showed as XP's style. I read and explored about this and I
discovered that it is using the new common control versions which come with
XP and that has to be done explicitly which VC++ does itself. But that
doesnt happen in VB.NET or VB6. Can ne1 tell me how to use the XP new common
controls in VB.NET as well as in VB6 ?

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 05:54:51 GMT
 XP's common controls in VB.NET
Doesn't this have to do with creating a manifest file I think , check MSDN
for this.

Quote:
> I was recently working on the Visual C++ 7 IDE and when I made some of he
> forms and ran it, I was surprised to see that all buttons in the run-time
> had automatically showed as XP's style. I read and explored about this and
> discovered that it is using the new common control versions which come
with
> XP and that has to be done explicitly which VC++ does itself. But that
> doesnt happen in VB.NET or VB6. Can ne1 tell me how to use the XP new
common
> controls in VB.NET as well as in VB6 ?

Thu, 27 May 2004 01:46:26 GMT

1. ANN: TaskBar.NET (Windows XP style Common Task Folder)

2. VB6 Scrollbar control doesn't render in XP with new XP stlyle

3. Using XP Common Controls as opposed to Standard VB6 Controls

4. VB6 Scrollbar control doesn't render in XP with new XP stlyle

5. XP Themed controls in VB .NET

6. VB.net or C# with XP style Control

7. Another XP Common Controls 6 BUG

8. Windows Common Controls in Windows XP

9. Common Control & Win XP Themes

10. Common Controls XP

11. 'net use \\servername' in VB.NET

12. VB.NET DLL's With A VB.NET App