Using windows service to connect to Exchange server
Author Message
 Using windows service to connect to Exchange server

Hi,

I am having difficulties trying to connect to my exchange server through my
dotnet windows service. The exchange mailbox and user are working properly
when used with Outlook, or another user-runnable application, but running as
service I always get MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED(80040111).

I have tried different settings on the "log on as" setting for the service.
Tried using the username of the mailbox, the current logged on user
username, administrator username etc... But noone will connect.
Is it something else lying beneath that I'm not seeing? I know this has to
do with user rights, but where do I set them?

Any one else have any experience/ideas? Would be very greatful!

Thanks
Rune Kristiansen

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 00:20:23 GMT
 Using windows service to connect to Exchange server
Please, don't multipost, I answered your question in Microsoft.public.dotnet.general.

Willy.

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am having difficulties trying to connect to my exchange server through my
> dotnet windows service. The exchange mailbox and user are working properly
> when used with Outlook, or another user-runnable application, but running as
> service I always get MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED(80040111).

> I have tried different settings on the "log on as" setting for the service.
> Tried using the username of the mailbox, the current logged on user
> username, administrator username etc... But noone will connect.
> Is it something else lying beneath that I'm not seeing? I know this has to
> do with user rights, but where do I set them?

> Any one else have any experience/ideas? Would be very greatful!

> Thanks
> Rune Kristiansen

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 05:14:42 GMT

1. Connecting to Exchange Server using DAO

2. Connecting oracle ( Unix server ) from windows mc using vb

3. Determining if exchange server service is running

4. Determining if exchange server service is running

5. Connecting to Exchange 5.5 server with Outlook 2002

6. exchange -> windows service

7. Problems logging on to Exchange through WIndows Service

8. Connecting to exchange server

9. Connect to Exchange Server

10. Connecting to Exchange Server

11. Connecting to Exchange Server and reading mails

12. Connecting to Exchange Server