Receiving data using a Socket 
Author Message
 Receiving data using a Socket

I have my app setup to listen on a certain port for connections, and I want
to be able to
communicate with mulitple clients that connect (send/recieve).  I definately
want to use a
Socket opposed to a TCPClient.  Can someone please show me an example of how
I
would know if a client is sending data, and how I would know its all done
receiving.  Also
how I would know when they disconnected.


Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:51:19 GMT  
 Receiving data using a Socket
See:
FileInfo.MoveTo

Willy.

Quote:

> I have my app setup to listen on a certain port for connections, and I want
> to be able to
> communicate with mulitple clients that connect (send/recieve).  I definately
> want to use a
> Socket opposed to a TCPClient.  Can someone please show me an example of how
> I
> would know if a client is sending data, and how I would know its all done
> receiving.  Also
> how I would know when they disconnected.



Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:57:39 GMT  
 Receiving data using a Socket
Possibly wrong message?



Quote:
> See:
> FileInfo.MoveTo

> Willy.




Quote:
> > I have my app setup to listen on a certain port for connections, and I
want
> > to be able to
> > communicate with mulitple clients that connect (send/recieve).  I
definately
> > want to use a
> > Socket opposed to a TCPClient.  Can someone please show me an example of
how
> > I
> > would know if a client is sending data, and how I would know its all
done
> > receiving.  Also
> > how I would know when they disconnected.



Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:23:39 GMT  
 Receiving data using a Socket
Sorry, wrong thread.

Willy.

Quote:

> Possibly wrong message?



> > See:
> > FileInfo.MoveTo

> > Willy.



> > > I have my app setup to listen on a certain port for connections, and I
> want
> > > to be able to
> > > communicate with mulitple clients that connect (send/recieve).  I
> definately
> > > want to use a
> > > Socket opposed to a TCPClient.  Can someone please show me an example of
> how
> > > I
> > > would know if a client is sending data, and how I would know its all
> done
> > > receiving.  Also
> > > how I would know when they disconnected.



Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:29:20 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. is net.socket able to block receiving data until it handles the data

2. socket.receive fails to receive

3. Receive data through UDP-Socket.....?

4. Receiving data from socket

5. Winsock DataArrival, socket closing and can't GetData before receiving all the data

6. How can receive Binary Data from Socket?

7. How can I read data via PCMCIA socket using VB

8. Synchronism between a send and a receive (socket ftp)

9. Socket Receive - Force to wait for complete stream??

10. SOCKET : Receiving and sending in different threads

11. Async UDP Receive and Send from the same socket

12. Socket.Receive method hangs

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software