Vb .Net or vs .Net Pro for Pocket PC Development
Author Message
 Vb .Net or vs .Net Pro for Pocket PC Development

I want to develop applications that will be sold as
retail install packages. I want to develop for the POcket
PC 2000 and 2002 and also corresponding appplications for
Windows Desktop. I will use only VB .Net, none of the
other languages. Can I accomplish this with Vb .Net
Standard ($94) or do I need VS .Net Pro Upg ($490)? I
currently use VB 5 Pro.

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 04:51:33 GMT
 Vb .Net or vs .Net Pro for Pocket PC Development
Jim,

    If you want to use Visual Studio.Net to develop pocket pc apps you will
have to wait for VS.NET 2003 to come out later this month.  I am not sure if
VB.Net 2003 will allow you to make pocket pc apps.  You can however use
eMbedded Visual tools 3.0 available for free from Microsoft to do that
today.  You can download them from
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/developer/downloads/default.asp.

Ken

> I want to develop applications that will be sold as
> retail install packages. I want to develop for the POcket
> PC 2000 and 2002 and also corresponding appplications for
> Windows Desktop. I will use only VB .Net, none of the
> other languages. Can I accomplish this with Vb .Net
> Standard ($94) or do I need VS .Net Pro Upg ($490)? I
> currently use VB 5 Pro.

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 21:08:34 GMT
 Vb .Net or vs .Net Pro for Pocket PC Development
I understand Vb .Net 2003 will be available on 4/23/03. Does anyone know if
I can accomplish the Pocket PC programming with VB .Net Standard or do I
need VS .Net Pro?

Quote:
> I want to develop applications that will be sold as
> retail install packages. I want to develop for the POcket
> PC 2000 and 2002 and also corresponding appplications for
> Windows Desktop. I will use only VB .Net, none of the
> other languages. Can I accomplish this with Vb .Net
> Standard ($94) or do I need VS .Net Pro Upg ($490)? I
> currently use VB 5 Pro.

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:19:59 GMT
 Vb .Net or vs .Net Pro for Pocket PC Development

Quote:

> I understand Vb .Net 2003 will be available on 4/23/03. Does anyone know if
> I can accomplish the Pocket PC programming with VB .Net Standard or do I
> need VS .Net Pro?

I actually don't have a definitive answer and MS hasn't yet published
the information. However, it is my recollection from the VSLIVE mobile
platform class that the instructor said it would not be available in
the standard edition. That is, the visual integration would only be
available in the pro and architect version. You're probably best off
to wait for the launch... The version the instructor was using was
pre-release so until MS makes an announcement it's anybody's guess.

Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:20:37 GMT

1. Can VS.Net Pro create Pocket PC apps?

2. VB .NET development for Pocket PC

3. Installing VS.net Pro After VB.net standard

4. VB .Net 2003 Standard or VS .Net 2003 Pro for Smart Devices

5. VB .Net required to program VB for Pocket PC 2002

6. VB6/ASP vs .NET/ASP.NET development

7. Using VB.NET to sync with Pocket PC??

8. How to create WinCE App for Pocket PC using VB.NET

9. VS.Net + Cr.Net and VB.Net

10. Visual Basic.net and Pocket PC

11. Pocket PC s/w on ce.net platforms???