Local path vs UNC Path
Author Message
 Local path vs UNC Path

Hello all,
  I have a question regarding the differences in use of Local path vs UNC
Path.

We have set up a table in a database which reflects common paths we use in
our system and are applied in our code.  Then if we need to make a change we
can just do it in the db.  The question arises when we have a path that is
used on the local machine and in the network.

For example:

server1 could have a path it uses locally such as C:\Reports
but
server2, 3, etc. might need to access that path such as \\server1\c\reports

So we could have to types of paths in the database, one for local and one
for network OR we could use the UNC Path in all cases so that the local
server is accessing it local path by using the UNC Path as well as the
network servers.  Is this a bad idea?  Are there any inherent problems using
the UNC Path in all cases?

Thanks in advance,

bill

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:42:36 GMT

1. How to convert local path to UNC-path?

2. How to convert local path to UNC-path?

3. turning a local path into a UNC path

4. UNC Path and the local System Account

5. how to use UNC to local path (MAPI)

6. convert unc to a local path

7. API to convert local path to UNC?

8. convert unc to a local path

9. Converting logical paths to UNC paths

10. Help converting UNC paths to physical paths.

11. Converting logical paths to UNC paths

12. How transform path into unc-path ?