Multiple Document Interface and VB.NET
Author Message
 Multiple Document Interface and VB.NET

My MDI application's basic structure is very similiar to
an application created using the VB 6.0 Application
Wizard.  Microsoft makes the startup sub Main in the
Module1.bas file, which is fine, then creates a New form
(fMainform) which is the parent form.  Everything is
great, I cannot get this to work in VB.NET.

In VB.NET when you have the same startup form/module (sub
Main in the Module1.bas), the parent form is loaded and
visible, as expected, then it closes (unexpected), then
the application ends (unexpected).  If I move the code
around so the parent form is the startup, when I attempt
to show a child form, nothing happens.

Any suggestions?  Please help!

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 07:34:04 GMT
 Multiple Document Interface and VB.NET
David,
In your Sub Main include:

Public Sub Main()
    Application.Run(New fMainform())
End Sub

Hope this helps
Jay

Quote:
> My MDI application's basic structure is very similiar to
> an application created using the VB 6.0 Application
> Wizard.  Microsoft makes the startup sub Main in the
> Module1.bas file, which is fine, then creates a New form
> (fMainform) which is the parent form.  Everything is
> great, I cannot get this to work in VB.NET.

> In VB.NET when you have the same startup form/module (sub
> Main in the Module1.bas), the parent form is loaded and
> visible, as expected, then it closes (unexpected), then
> the application ends (unexpected).  If I move the code
> around so the parent form is the startup, when I attempt
> to show a child form, nothing happens.

> Any suggestions?  Please help!

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 11:20:35 GMT

1. Multiple Document Interface Messages

2. Trouble Opening a Word Document with VB.NET,Open member not found in Documents

3. VB.net and crystal reports.net Multiple reports

4. VB Implementing Multiple Interfaces and VBScript - Any Suggestions?

5. using multiple interfaces in VB

6. Print a word document built from multiple sub documents using the RD tag

7. Best DLL Interface for VB.NET

8. Implement interface in VB.Net

9. Lack of support for explicit interface implementation in VB.Net

10. Multiple document VB program ?

11. Multiple Projects in a VB.NET Web Solution

12. Multiple Forms in Vb.NET