Custom Control with Design Time only properties
Author Message
 Custom Control with Design Time only properties

I am trying to create a custom control that is inherited from one of
the base controls.  I have a custom property that I would like to be
set via the Property Page browser only.  The property should not be
able to be set via code at run-time, only through the Property Page.
I think this implies that the property is design-time only, however,
from what I've read I can't figure out how to restrict this property
so a person can only set it when designing the component and not at
run time...The designonly property of System.ComponentModel doesn't
restrict the property so it can't be set at run-time..I can still set
the variable at run-time if I set DesignOnly to true.

Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 00:46:51 GMT

1. Saving properties of ActiveX control from design time to run time

2. Design-time properties in Run-time Controls

3. *** Refreshing control at design time when property changed?

4. DBCombo Control Crashes System at Design Time (Record Source Property)

5. Setting design-time properties of UserControl constituent controls

6. Specifying design-time properties in ActiveX controls

7. ActiveX Control Design-Time Properties

8. Design Time Controls Properties

9. Design Time Controls Properties

10. Accessing design time properties in run time

11. Design time or run time, setting properties

12. getting run-time behavior of a contained control in a user control at design time