registry help please
Author Message
 registry help please

Hello,

        How would I add a key to the registry with a type other than REG_SZ?
IE REG_MULTI_SZ or REG_DWORD? Thanks

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 01:20:25 GMT
 registry help please

Quote:
> Hello,

>         How would I add a key to the registry with a type other than REG_SZ?
> IE REG_MULTI_SZ or REG_DWORD? Thanks

I believe all strings passed to SetValue will be stored as REG_SZ.  From
the docs:

"When setting a value, the way in which the value being passed is stored
in the registry is interpreted. There is no way to control whether the
information being passed is stored as an sz, or an expanded_sz string,
and therefore, all string values are interpreted as standard sz values."

You'll probably get a REG_DWORD it you pass an Integer to SetValue.

--
Patrick Steele
Microsoft .NET MVP

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 01:49:34 GMT

1. VB4 GetSetting() NT Registry - Help Please.

2. VB4 GetSetting() NT Registry - Help Please.

3. Win95 - WinNT registry (HELP PLEASE)

4. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

5. Registry Problems Help Please! - registry.bas (0/1)

6. Registry Problems Help Please! - registry.bas (1/1)

7. Reading Registry value, help me please,please

8. Can anyone HELP me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

9. PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

10. Unusual results writing longs to Registry (please help)

11. help please: example of seeing of a registry key exists

12. Retreiving a value from registry...please help