Need Book Suggestion
Author Message
 Need Book Suggestion

I am relatively new to VB in a sense that I don't know much about it. About
7-8 years ago I used Quick Basic. Since VB4, I have used both VB4 and VB 5.
My only experience is just making some sample windows apps which may do a
simple calculation or two.

I now want to learn VB.Net. Since I have used some VB before, I am pretty
familier with OO concept and basic vb terminology. Knowing the knowledge of
VB I have, which book would you recommend for VB.NET? I don't really want a
book which spends 20 chapter talking about OO or showing you how to add a
textbox to a form. Also, it would be nice if it doesn't think you have 10
years of previous VB experience.

Thank you.

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 03:03:58 GMT
 Need Book Suggestion
Try Professional VB.NET from WROX. It assumes either a
basic knowledge of OOP or a knowledge of the prior vb
versions. It will give you a basic grounding in the
concept behind .NET architecture as well as get you used
to the syntax for VB. You may be best off having a look at
the book in a store before committing to the dough, though.

HTH

Brad

Quote:

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:35:38 GMT
 Need Book Suggestion
Thank you Brad. I will take a look at it.

Quote:
> Try Professional VB.NET from WROX. It assumes either a
> basic knowledge of OOP or a knowledge of the prior vb
> versions. It will give you a basic grounding in the
> concept behind .NET architecture as well as get you used
> to the syntax for VB. You may be best off having a look at
> the book in a store before committing to the dough, though.

> HTH

> Brad

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 05:18:04 GMT

1. Need Book Suggestions

2. need suggestion for a good book on outlook programming

3. Basic Book Suggestions Needed

4. need suggestions for good vb books

5. Need Suggestions for Reference Books

6. Need VB5 with Access97 Book(s), Any Suggestions?

7. SUGGESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS

8. Suggestions on VBA Books?

9. Suggestions for Intermediate Books?

10. Any suggestions for a good VBA book

11. book suggestions please !!