For a bind combo box with display member and value member set
Author Message
 For a bind combo box with display member and value member set

How to select a particular item in a combo list by providing a value member.
By providing the display member we can use find string property to find and
select the particular item.
But what if the selection is to be done by passing a value member and not by
display member.

Thanks

Darshana / Devesh

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:22:01 GMT
 For a bind combo box with display member and value member set
You don't say whether you're create a windows app or a web app, and
the answer is different. For a Web app, it's easy. You can use the
FindByValue or FindByText methods to look up items in a list or combo
box.

For Windows forms, it's a bit more complicated, because the items in
the list can be of any type. You'll need to provide your own search
mechanism, in that case. -- Ken

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002 15:52:01 +0530, "Devesh Aggarwal"

Quote:

>How to select a particular item in a combo list by providing a value member.
>By providing the display member we can use find string property to find and
>select the particular item.
>But what if the selection is to be done by passing a value member and not by
>display member.

>Thanks

>Darshana / Devesh

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:07:16 GMT

1. MSDN Members Helping Members criticism

2. Language Suggestion: Default member for single-member structures

3. copy collection member’s data to another member

4. Enumerate Local Group Members and Identify Domain of Members

5. How to copy an object to another member by member

6. ERROR IN COMBO BOX: Could not bind to the new value member ?

7. How to set default value of combo box to value of record in database

8. NEWBIE : Unable to bind field or Member Image

9. Unable to bind to field or Data Member

10. Unable To Bind To Field or Data Member

11. Unable to bind field or data member

12. Combo Box like Data Bound Combo Box?