Building ASP.Net web application from the command prompt
Author Message
 Building ASP.Net web application from the command prompt

Hi All,
    I have created a ASP.Net web application with the language set as VB. I have created this project on my Development server. Now I am deploying this project on my production server. But my production server only has .Net Framework. It does not have the Visual Studio.NET installed. Now If I want to build the project from the command line, what are the steps to be followed? Can I use the vbc compiler to build the project? Thanking you for the same. Please treat this as urgent.

Regards,
Sriram Mallajyosula

Mon, 23 May 2005 13:54:06 GMT
 Building ASP.Net web application from the command prompt

Quote:
> Hi All,
>     I have created a ASP.Net web application with the language set as VB. I have created this project on my Development server. Now I am deploying this project on my production server. But my production server only has .Net Framework. It does not have the Visual Studio.NET installed. Now If I want to build the project from the command line, what are the steps to be followed? Can I use the vbc compiler to build the project? Thanking you for the same. Please treat this as

urgent.

Yes you can, but you need to make sure you've got all of the right
references.  You may want to consider an automated build tool like NAnt:

http://nant.sourceforge.net/

--
Patrick Steele
Microsoft .NET MVP

Tue, 24 May 2005 03:50:08 GMT
 Building ASP.Net web application from the command prompt
Hi Patrick,
    If I want to use the vbc compiler of .Net Framework is this possible?
Please reply.
Regards,
Sriram Mallajyosula

Quote:

> > Hi All,
> >     I have created a ASP.Net web application with the language set as

VB. I have created this project on my Development server. Now I am deploying
this project on my production server. But my production server only has .Net
Framework. It does not have the Visual Studio.NET installed. Now If I want
to build the project from the command line, what are the steps to be
followed? Can I use the vbc compiler to build the project? Thanking you for
the same. Please treat this as
Quote:
> urgent.

> Yes you can, but you need to make sure you've got all of the right
> references.  You may want to consider an automated build tool like NAnt:

> http://nant.sourceforge.net/

> --
> Patrick Steele
> Microsoft .NET MVP
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0110109

Tue, 24 May 2005 12:21:03 GMT
 Building ASP.Net web application from the command prompt
Sriram,
Of course you need to use the vbc compiler! ;-)

Nant is a utility (an automated build tool) that will invoke the vbc
compiler with the correct params and references for you.

Hope this helps
Jay

Quote:
> Hi Patrick,
>     If I want to use the vbc compiler of .Net Framework is this possible?
> Please reply.
> Regards,
> Sriram Mallajyosula

> > > Hi All,
> > >     I have created a ASP.Net web application with the language set as
> VB. I have created this project on my Development server. Now I am
deploying
> this project on my production server. But my production server only has
.Net
> Framework. It does not have the Visual Studio.NET installed. Now If I want
> to build the project from the command line, what are the steps to be
> followed? Can I use the vbc compiler to build the project? Thanking you
for
> the same. Please treat this as
> > urgent.

> > Yes you can, but you need to make sure you've got all of the right
> > references.  You may want to consider an automated build tool like NAnt:

> > http://nant.sourceforge.net/

> > --
> > Patrick Steele
> > Microsoft .NET MVP
> > http://radio.weblogs.com/0110109

Tue, 24 May 2005 12:39:24 GMT

1. Build and Browse - ASP.NET Web Application

2. Can I use VB.net to develop an asp.net web application

3. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

4. Build Web Page in Vb.net Application

5. VB 6.0 builds are failing with /make command prompt option

6. problems while Building projects through command prompt

7. Please Help, databinding VB Asp.Net Web application(not datagrid)

8. ASP.NET Web Application

9. Playing .wav files in a ASP.NET Web Application

10. Error while running ASP.NET Web Application.....

11. How do I create an ASP .Net Web Application

12. invoking the command prompt from asp code