Auto Saving an editable datagrid without click the save/update grid button
Author Message
 Auto Saving an editable datagrid without click the save/update grid button
I have an editable datagrid I use to enter several rows/columns of
data. Let's say this grid resides on page 'Default'. This datagrid
that I'm using (defined on page Default.ascx) is based on a datagrid
control on another page (let's say is called DataGridControlPage.ascx)
which has all the update,cancel & other methods for managing the
datagrid.

Here's the catch. My page Default has a continue button which
navigates to another page.

If am on page 'Default' and I am editing my datagrid, how can I make
sure that an data entered in the grid is SAVED if I click the continue
button without having clicked SAVE button on the datagrid?

I'd like to avoid prompting the user to save if the try to continue
without clicking save.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

briere
8957078

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 01:24:43 GMT
 Auto Saving an editable datagrid without click the save/update grid button
Hello,

Quote:
> I have an editable datagrid I use to enter several rows/columns of
> data. Let's say this grid resides on page 'Default'. This datagrid
> that I'm using (defined on page Default.ascx) is based on a datagrid
> control on another page (let's say is called DataGridControlPage.ascx)

Maybe you will get help there:

dcontrol

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 07:22:36 GMT

1. How to add a button for auto save

2. Saving without saving macros

3. Save a Picture without the save dialog ??

4. CR 7 - saving report without saving the details

5. Accessing all the rows from a datagrid at save button

6. Save & Cancel button for DataGrid

7. "clicking on button without clicking"

8. code to auto click command button

9. Don't save field changes until clicking "Save" button?

10. accessing auto-generated field on update without data control

11. auto Datagrid cell update

12. auto save email .msg in outlook using macro