VB Net Text Editor Options reset
Author Message
 VB Net Text Editor Options reset

I have noticed on several occasions that 'Word Wrap' somehow gets turned on.
I can go a few weeks or even a month with it off, then all of a sudden it's
back on.

It's either VB.NET or my system (XP) is restoring the registry every once in
a while.

The only other thing is that I think that every time it happened, I had more
than once instance of VS.NET running.

Anyone else run into this?

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 07:07:01 GMT
 VB Net Text Editor Options reset

I've solved this issue, but opened up a mystery.

I usually run with the Solution Explorer closed, and type CTRL-R to show it.
Sometimes CTRL-R doesn't work though, and if I do it twice in a row, it
turns on word-wrap.  If I do it twice again, it turns it off.   When this
happens, If I look down on the status bar, it says '(Ctrl+R) was pressed.
Waiting for second key of chord...'

Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, I click on the 'View' menu, and
verified that the hotkey for 'Solution Explorer is still 'Ctrl-R'.

Does anyone know what this is?  I'm writing software here, not music.

Quote:
> I have noticed on several occasions that 'Word Wrap' somehow gets turned
on.
> I can go a few weeks or even a month with it off, then all of a sudden
it's
> back on.

> It's either VB.NET or my system (XP) is restoring the registry every once
in
> a while.

> The only other thing is that I think that every time it happened, I had
more
> than once instance of VS.NET running.

> Anyone else run into this?

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 08:37:53 GMT
 VB Net Text Editor Options reset
If you go to a code window and look at the Edit menu, under advanced, you'll
see that the hotkey for word wrap is CTRL+R, CTRL+R (i.e., press CTRL+R
followed by CTRL+R again - a chord is a combination of multiple keystrokes
that together have one meaning).  Thus, if you're in a code window, CTRL+R
apparently can't be used for opening/closing the solution explorer.  I'll
notify the appropriate people of this conflict.

Stephen
VB Dev Team

> I've solved this issue, but opened up a mystery.

> I usually run with the Solution Explorer closed, and type CTRL-R to show
it.
> Sometimes CTRL-R doesn't work though, and if I do it twice in a row, it
> turns on word-wrap.  If I do it twice again, it turns it off.   When this
> happens, If I look down on the status bar, it says '(Ctrl+R) was pressed.
> Waiting for second key of chord...'

> Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, I click on the 'View' menu, and
> verified that the hotkey for 'Solution Explorer is still 'Ctrl-R'.

> Does anyone know what this is?  I'm writing software here, not music.

> > I have noticed on several occasions that 'Word Wrap' somehow gets turned
> on.
> > I can go a few weeks or even a month with it off, then all of a sudden
> it's
> > back on.

> > It's either VB.NET or my system (XP) is restoring the registry every
once
> in
> > a while.

> > The only other thing is that I think that every time it happened, I had
> more
> > than once instance of VS.NET running.

> > Anyone else run into this?

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 04:49:18 GMT

1. Resetting Tab Stops (VB Script Editor)

2. VB.Net Editor keystrokes lag/slow to respond (VS.NET 2003)

3. Bug in VisualStudio.NET editor for VB.NET

4. Code to reset database startup options

5. VBA to reset Options

6. Reset Options in Outook 2000

7. Reset print options

8. reset Toggle btn in Option Grp when, Next Record

9. VB.Net Program HTML Editor

10. VB.NET Example needed: Editor with syntax checking

11. VB.NET Editor

12. VB.NET for VBScript editor????????