Setting cursor position in combobox text area
Author Message
 Setting cursor position in combobox text area

Hello,
I subclassed in VB.NET my own combobox class to implement new
functions (flat style, autocomplete, multicolunm, ecc.)
I still need to implement 2 new functions but I've no idea how to
manage it and can't find info on internet. I hope in your help :)
1. I'd like to change the combobox text area height (without changing
the font dimension);
2. Default combobox behavior when you select an item string from
dropdownlist is to display the string in the text area, highlighted
and with cursor AUTOMATICALLY setted to the end of the last word, on
the right of the last character.
I need to set the position at the begin, BEFORE the first character.
How can I manage this, eventually with API calls?

Could you help me, please?
Thank's,
Massimiliano Silvestro

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:01:37 GMT
 Setting cursor position in combobox text area
You may not be able to get around the first question easily.   As for the
second>

Me.Cursor.Current.Position.Y :  Should get you the location where the cursor
is relative to the combobox.   Simply adjust it from there.

Quote:
> Hello,
> I subclassed in VB.NET my own combobox class to implement new
> functions (flat style, autocomplete, multicolunm, ecc.)
> I still need to implement 2 new functions but I've no idea how to
> manage it and can't find info on internet. I hope in your help :)
> 1. I'd like to change the combobox text area height (without changing
> the font dimension);
> 2. Default combobox behavior when you select an item string from
> dropdownlist is to display the string in the text area, highlighted
> and with cursor AUTOMATICALLY setted to the end of the last word, on
> the right of the last character.
> I need to set the position at the begin, BEFORE the first character.
> How can I manage this, eventually with API calls?

> Could you help me, please?
> Thank's,
> Massimiliano Silvestro

Wed, 27 Apr 2005 00:16:45 GMT

1. Help setting cursor position in a text box

2. How to Set Cursor Position in a Text Box

3. Text box cursor position when text is selected

4. Setting form position in client area

5. setting cursor position through code

6. Setting the Cursor in a textbox (after using inStr to get the position)

7. Set Position of Mouspointer (Cursor)

8. DTPicker - setting cursor position upon receiving focus?

9. Setting cursor position in a Console Window

10. Setting mouse cursor position and clicking

11. Api call to get and set the cursor position

12. Setting the cursor position.