Connect with MySQL database over TCP/IP
Author Message
 Connect with MySQL database over TCP/IP

Hey gang,
  I'm looking at writing a distributed application, using .net and MySQL
(the data server is a linux system, the clients are all PCs, hence the MySQL
database).  How the heck do I go about connecting my application to a MySQL
database server over TCP/IP?

Thanks,
Blake

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 03:49:56 GMT
 Connect with MySQL database over TCP/IP
I'd suggest wrapping something around the TcpClient object.

HTH

Greg Low
Brisbane, Oztralia

Quote:
> Hey gang,
>   I'm looking at writing a distributed application, using .net and MySQL
> (the data server is a linux system, the clients are all PCs, hence the
MySQL
> database).  How the heck do I go about connecting my application to a
MySQL
> database server over TCP/IP?

> Thanks,
> Blake

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:46:18 GMT
 Connect with MySQL database over TCP/IP
I guess you need a mySQL data provider. There is a
managed data provider for .NET at:

http://www.mysql.com/portal/software/item-181.html

Or a commercial version at:
http://www.einfodesigns.com/dbProvider_info.aspx

Or OLEDB at:

http://old.sw.com.sg/products/myoledb/form/

HTH,
Leo

Quote:

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:42:48 GMT
 Connect with MySQL database over TCP/IP
I used the ODBC .NET Data Provider
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample...
l=/msdn-files/027/001/668/msdncompositedoc.xml

which the
MySQL  MyODBC 3.51

http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-myodbc-3.51.html

This should do it.

David

Quote:
> Hey gang,
>   I'm looking at writing a distributed application, using .net and MySQL
> (the data server is a linux system, the clients are all PCs, hence the
MySQL
> database).  How the heck do I go about connecting my application to a
MySQL
> database server over TCP/IP?

> Thanks,
> Blake

Sun, 12 Jun 2005 09:31:35 GMT

1. Connecting to remote SQL Database by TCP/IP

2. Using ODBC to connect over TCP/IP

3. PRB: Connect to SQL on NT 3.5 from WFW 3.11 via TCP/IP sockets

4. Connecting via TCP/IP

5. PRB: Connect to SQL on NT 3.5 from WFW 3.11 via TCP/IP sockets

6. Help: where I can find an OCX for connecting to tcp/ip

7. TCP/IP connect w/o .OCX?

8. Connect to SQL Server 7 via TCP/IP

9. Getting VB6 to connect to SQL6.5 via TCP/IP

10. Connect via TCP/IP instead of named pipes?

11. Connecting to SQL Server 7 via TCP/IP

12. Detect active TCP/IP connect