Created and installed VB.Net service but don't see it in services
Author Message
 Created and installed VB.Net service but don't see it in services

Hi all,
  I have created and successfully installed a vt.net service but I don't see
it in the MMC Services window.  I can start and stop the service using Net
Start (myservice) and Net Stop (myservice) and when I do start it I can see
it in my task window.

  Does anyone know why I cannot see the installed service in the Services
window?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Wed, 04 May 2005 02:25:40 GMT
 Created and installed VB.Net service but don't see it in services
somewhere in regedit (i forget where, but Apache 1.4 uses it;
http://httpd.apache.org/) you need to create or update a key with the name
of the service and a value or two re: execution of the program.

Quote:
> Hi all,
>   I have created and successfully installed a vt.net service but I don't
see
> it in the MMC Services window.  I can start and stop the service using Net
> Start (myservice) and Net Stop (myservice) and when I do start it I can
see
> it in my task window.

>   Does anyone know why I cannot see the installed service in the Services
> window?

> Thanks in advance,

> Bill

Mon, 09 May 2005 05:52:42 GMT

1. Windows Service in VB.NET - Failed to process service command

2. Disabling installed services in vb.net

3. Installing VB.NET Windows Service on different machine.

4. Self-Installing VB.NET Windows Service

5. How To Install Service Written Using VB.Net?

6. vb.net web service can't work

7. creating service with VB.NET ?

8. Creating a VB.Net Web Service utilizing SOAP?

9. Using WMI to obtain dependent services (restarting services and all dependent services)

10. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

11. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)

12. NT Service: An OLE Control for Creating Windows NT Services in Visual Basic (MSDN article)