Reading Serial Port
Author Message
 Reading Serial Port

Hi,

Can somebody tell me what class to use for reading data coming from a serial
port?

Thanks,

Wayne

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 03:53:26 GMT
 Reading Serial Port
Nothing from Framework, you can find something here
www.corradocavalli.cjb.net

HTH
--
Corrado Cavalli [Microsoft MVP]
UGIdotNET - http://www.ugidotnet.org

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 04:33:44 GMT
 Reading Serial Port
Or, you can visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ , and type
"serial" in the keyword search box.  You will find a sample by DaveFet that
works great, although it is in C#.  You can also use the MSComm32.ocx from
VB.Net, and{*filter*} Grier, the guru of VB serial communications has some code
on his site that will also work (www.hardandsoftware.com).

Thanks, Corrado, I didn't know you had a serial class too - I will refer
folks to it too.

Ed
VBDotNet team

> Nothing from Framework, you can find something here
> www.corradocavalli.cjb.net

> HTH
> --
> Corrado Cavalli [Microsoft MVP]
> UGIdotNET - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 04:55:17 GMT

1. DLL for reading serial port data

2. Reading Serial ports

3. Problems reading serial port in WIN NT

4. Reading Serial Port Buffers

5. Reading serial port

6. Comm Overrun when playing sound while reading serial port (VB4.0)

7. Read Serial Port in VB.Net

8. Read Serial port in VB.Net?

9. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

10. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

11. How do I read my serial port using Access VBA

12. Read and Write to Serial Ports?