How to print directly to printer?
Author Message
 How to print directly to printer?

Hi,

I need to print directly to windows printer, i.e. something like COPY /b
file.txt lpt1:.
I know how to open a printer port like a stream, but I was wondering if this
was possible to do with a normal windows printer, with a PrintDocument
interface or something...

Thanx.

Fri, 20 May 2005 16:01:52 GMT
 How to print directly to printer?

These topics all discus the various ways to print. Note that the old technique from VB6 to use the file and print commands to LPT1 no longer work so the PrintDocument is the way to go.

ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/Cpqstart/html/cpsmpnetsamples-windowsformsprinting.htm
ms-help://MS.VSCC/MS.MSDNVS/cpref/html/frlrfsystemdrawingprintingprintdocumentclasstopic.htm

Cameron McColl
Microsoft

> Hi,

> I need to print directly to windows printer, i.e. something like COPY /b
> file.txt lpt1:.
> I know how to open a printer port like a stream, but I was wondering if this
> was possible to do with a normal windows printer, with a PrintDocument
> interface or something...

> Thanx.

Sun, 22 May 2005 05:11:13 GMT
 How to print directly to printer?

Thanx.

Finally an answer ;)

Sun, 22 May 2005 15:18:17 GMT

1. Urgent! Print Directly to printer

2. Printing directly to printer w/o using Print Manager

3. Print directly to the printer

4. print directly to win2k printer share?

5. Printing Directly to Printer

6. Printing directly to a printer

7. Printing directly to a printer from VB.

8. Printing Directly to LPT1 avoiding the printer object.

9. How to print directly to the printer?

10. Printing directly to LPT1: - bypassing the printer driver

11. print a form directly to the printer

12. HOW DO A PRINT A TEXT FILE DIRECTLY TO THE PRINTER W/O AN EDITOR