Quick data browsing over internet using vb.net? 
Author Message
 Quick data browsing over internet using vb.net?

I want to build a customer relation database software that I can use over
the internet, using Internet Explorer. Each dataset occupies about a page
worth of information per customer. I want to be able to quickly browse
between customers - more quickly then reloading the page for each customer.

(How) Can this be done using vb.net?

Building an ActiveX that fetches 100 customers per connection?

Other ideas?

Thanx for any help!

/M



Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:15:01 GMT  
 Quick data browsing over internet using vb.net?
It "Top" really SQL standard? Isn't it just an Access feature?

Is it possible to use data-bound controls and bind them to the recordset?



Quote:
> Regardless what you're using to fetch the data, try:

> "SELECT Top 100 * FROM Tablename"



> > I want to build a customer relation database software that I can use
over
> > the internet, using Internet Explorer. Each dataset occupies about a
page
> > worth of information per customer. I want to be able to quickly browse
> > between customers - more quickly then reloading the page for each
> customer.

> > (How) Can this be done using vb.net?

> > Building an ActiveX that fetches 100 customers per connection?

> > Other ideas?

> > Thanx for any help!

> > /M



Sat, 16 Apr 2005 23:21:25 GMT  
 Quick data browsing over internet using vb.net?
Regardless what you're using to fetch the data, try:

"SELECT Top 100 * FROM Tablename"


Quote:
> I want to build a customer relation database software that I can use over
> the internet, using Internet Explorer. Each dataset occupies about a page
> worth of information per customer. I want to be able to quickly browse
> between customers - more quickly then reloading the page for each
customer.

> (How) Can this be done using vb.net?

> Building an ActiveX that fetches 100 customers per connection?

> Other ideas?

> Thanx for any help!

> /M



Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:45:10 GMT  
 Quick data browsing over internet using vb.net?

Quote:
> It "Top" really SQL standard? Isn't it just an Access feature?

You are right, TOP is an MS construction. (Also available in MS SQL
Server.)

There are no SQL standard function like TOP. But many other DBMS
vendors have their own versions, like RDB's LIMIT.

If you want to verify you SQL statements standard conformance, check
out the SQL Validator: http://developer.mimer.com/validator

It has support for SQL-92, SQL-99 and even SQL-2003 (current draft).
Saves lots of time when developing portable applications.

Regards,
Jarl



Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:58:43 GMT  
 Quick data browsing over internet using vb.net?
Quote:


> > It "Top" really SQL standard? Isn't it just an Access feature?

> You are right, TOP is an MS construction. (Also available in MS SQL
> Server.)

> There are no SQL standard function like TOP. But many other DBMS
> vendors have their own versions, like RDB's LIMIT.

> If you want to verify you SQL statements standard conformance, check
> out the SQL Validator: http://developer.mimer.com/validator

> It has support for SQL-92, SQL-99 and even SQL-2003 (current draft).
> Saves lots of time when developing portable applications.

I worry that the term "SQL-2003" might cause confusion with
Microsoft's Yukon. Is there still time to agree to call the ANSI/ISO
product "SQL:2003" instead, which reflects the current draft's
spelling better?

Peter Gulutzan
Author of "SQL Standards" article at http://dbazine.com/gulutzan3.html



Wed, 20 Apr 2005 04:35:50 GMT  
 Quick data browsing over internet using vb.net?

Quote:

> I worry that the term "SQL-2003" might cause confusion with
> Microsoft's Yukon. Is there still time to agree to call the ANSI/ISO
> product "SQL:2003" instead, which reflects the current draft's
> spelling better?

> Peter Gulutzan
> Author of "SQL Standards" article at http://dbazine.com/gulutzan3.html

Yeah, I've got a theory that's just what Microsoft wants. First they
managed to make people think SQL is a Microsoft product, now they want
us to believe the next SQL standard (SQL-2003/SQL:2003) is a Microsoft
standard. It couldn't be more confusing.

(Oops! I did just realize I'm writing this in a MS forum. Sorry
guys...)

/Jarl



Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:01:19 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Transferring data through internet in VB.net without using ASP.Net

2. Back to VS.Net beta2, there was a code share plugin featured browsing code from Internet

3. Opening Internet Explorer from within a Win32 application using VB .NET

4. Connection detection and DB Access on Internet using VB.NET

5. using vb.net to control Internet Explorer?

6. ADO.NET with ASP.NET using VB.NET

7. VB.NET Browse Folder Dialog

8. Browse for Computer - VB.net

9. Error trying to read calendar data using VB.NET when Outlook is not open

10. Using VB/ASP.net to save user requested web data

11. using vb.net to extract data from ms access

12. How to show Excel data in datagrid using vb.net

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software