Word Docs - Look for example to create them from VB.Net
Author Message
 Word Docs - Look for example to create them from VB.Net

Hello All !

Can anyone recommend a good book, article, or reference on
how to use VB.Net (not VB6!) to programmatically generate
MS Word documents?  Looking for some working code that
will demonstrate the process of creating a document object and
generating a simple bogus document that contains a couple of
headers (title, page no, etc.) and some tab-aligned numerical
data.  I'd also like to see the use of changing the font, style
and size of the text in different sections of the document.  I've
gone as far as I can with the .Net documentation on the subject
matter and as this is a beta product the docs on this are still
incomplete.  Nothing to complex but a complete example.

I'm ready to purchase this book right here and right now if
I can find it or someone shows me where it may be.  Any one
working on a book and wants someone to be a BETA reader
on this topic?  I'll do it in a heart-beat and provide plenty of

I'm using VB.Net and Office 2000 (and '97).  I don't want to
see VB6 examples as they don't translate so well to .Net.  Some
of the objects don't seem to work at all (like Word.Range) when
translating it to VB.Net.

Many Thanks!
---> Kelsey McClanahan
Newmont Mining Corp.

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 23:43:52 GMT

1. Printing docs thru Word 97 using VB/DDE - an example

2. Looking example of SocketPermission of vb.net

3. Looking for example in VB.NET

4. Creating Word docs thru VB and saving to SQL Server

5. looking for tool to text-search witin MS Word docs at a site

6. How to create ActiveX Docs in .NET?

7. Automatically creating docs using Word Templates

8. How to Save and Close Word Docs Created in ASP

9. creating word-docs??

10. I am looking for an example on how to combine word and excel

11. Creating a Word document from VB.NET

12. VB.NEt Beginner: Creating a COM+ Object in VB.net