Using SMTPMail with a Win98 Client
Author Message
 Using SMTPMail with a Win98 Client

My application uses System.Web.SMTPMail to send email from within the
application.  I had planned to workaound around the "antiquated" client
problem by using SMTP.Server to point to my Exchange Server but apparently
this still doesn't work.  I get an unhandled exception saying this function
is not available on a Win98 client.  Is there a way to workaround this
problem or do I have to disable email for my Win98 clients?

Pat

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:16:09 GMT
 Using SMTPMail with a Win98 Client
You might try JMAIL, which is a free dll that will probably work in .NET.  http://tech.dimac.net

steve

Quote:

> My application uses System.Web.SMTPMail to send email from within the
> application.  I had planned to workaound around the "antiquated" client
> problem by using SMTP.Server to point to my Exchange Server but apparently
> this still doesn't work.  I get an unhandled exception saying this function
> is not available on a Win98 client.  Is there a way to workaround this
> problem or do I have to disable email for my Win98 clients?

> Pat

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 20:54:39 GMT

1. Using ReportViewer.net on Win98 client

2. Printing Error on Win98 client using ActiveSmartViewer...

3. Problem using SmtpMail.Send() in a VB.NET dll with a C++ string

4. A problem with SmtpMail.Send using local mail server

5. Using SMTPMAIL with VB.NET

6. Win98 Client printing problem

7. very slow performance while accessing Web Service from client runnig Win98

8. obtain the Logonserver's Name from a Win98 client

9. Client side JavaScript and Win98

10. Urgent! ActiveX Control crashing Win98 clients

11. Problems creating remote COM+ object with win98 client

12. dcom error between win98 client and w2k server