How Does One Display a ProgressBar Inside A Status Bar Panel
Author Message
 How Does One Display a ProgressBar Inside A Status Bar Panel

I would like to display a progress bar within a status bar
panel.  The VB.NET help mentions that this is possible in
an owner-drawn panel.  However, I cannot find any examples
of what needs to be done to generate and update the
progress bar.  Can anyone give me some pointers on what to
do or direct me to some examples?

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 20:34:29 GMT
 How Does One Display a ProgressBar Inside A Status Bar Panel
John,

        There was a msdn tv episode on it.  Windows Forms and the "Poor
Boy's" Progress Bar.  Here is a link.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdntv/episode.aspx?xml=episodes/en/2003041...

Ken
-----------------

Quote:
> I would like to display a progress bar within a status bar
> panel.  The VB.NET help mentions that this is possible in
> an owner-drawn panel.  However, I cannot find any examples
> of what needs to be done to generate and update the
> progress bar.  Can anyone give me some pointers on what to
> do or direct me to some examples?

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 20:41:07 GMT
 How Does One Display a ProgressBar Inside A Status Bar Panel
Hello,

Quote:

> I would like to display a progress bar within a status bar
> panel.  The VB.NET help mentions that this is possible in
> an owner-drawn panel.  However, I cannot find any examples
> of what needs to be done to generate and update the
> progress bar.  Can anyone give me some pointers on what to
> do or direct me to some examples?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?R429519B4

Regards,
Herfried K. Wagner
--
http://www.mvps.org/dotnet

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 20:43:38 GMT
 How Does One Display a ProgressBar Inside A Status Bar Panel
Here is one example:

Progress Bar Example

Dim strcount = DatesResults.Tables
("tblrows").Rows.Count.ToString
' Display the ProgressBar control.
            pBar1.Visible = True
            ' Set Minimum to 1 to represent the first file
being copied.
            pBar1.Minimum = 1
            ' Set Maximum to the total number of files to
copy.
            pBar1.Maximum = strcount
            ' Set the initial value of the ProgressBar.
            pBar1.Value = 1
            ' Set the Step property to a value of 1 to
represent each file being copied.
            pBar1.Step = 1
For Each t In DatesResults.Tables
                Dim r As DataRow
                For Each r In t.Rows
                    Dim c As DataColumn
                    For Each c In t.Columns
                        EmailCRReports(r(c).ToString())
                        intInvNumbOne = intInvNumbOne + 1
                        pBar1.PerformStep()
                    Next c
                Next r
            Next t

hope this can be some help.

Quote:

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 20:45:31 GMT

1. CapsLock & Numlock status in Status Bar Panels

2. Status Bar Insert Panel reports the wrong status

3. ProgressBar inside a StatusBar Panel?

4. Progress bar in a Status bar panel?

5. VB5: Adding Progress Bar To Status Bar Panel?

6. Adding a Progress Bar to a Status Bar panel

7. Progress Bar in Status Bar Panel ?

8. Progress bar in status bar panel - how?

9. Progress bar inside status bar, how?

10. Progress Bar inside of Status Bar

11. My StatusBarEx Control -- ProgressBar, PictureBox, Virtual Key, CapsLock, Date, Time, StatusBar, Status Bar

12. Progressbar in a status bar