Making a Non-UI (or Invisible at runtime) control
Author Message
 Making a Non-UI (or Invisible at runtime) control

Hi,

Apologies in advance for the newbie question.  I am porting a VB6
global hotkey control over to VB.net but haven't found any equivalent
of the VB6 "InvisibleAtRuntime" property.  I know it exists because
Timer controls and SysTray controls now live in their own area off the
form canvas.

Any ideas?
  Thanks in advance,
     Duncan Jones
     Merrion Computing Ltd
      http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:35:38 GMT
 Making a Non-UI (or Invisible at runtime) control
Inherit from Component  rather than Control or UserControl

Michael

Quote:
> Hi,

> Apologies in advance for the newbie question.  I am porting a VB6
> global hotkey control over to VB.net but haven't found any equivalent
> of the VB6 "InvisibleAtRuntime" property.  I know it exists because
> Timer controls and SysTray controls now live in their own area off the
> form canvas.

> Any ideas?
>   Thanks in advance,
>      Duncan Jones
>      Merrion Computing Ltd
>      http://www.merrioncomputing.com

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 04:03:03 GMT
 Making a Non-UI (or Invisible at runtime) control
Quote:

> Hi,

> Apologies in advance for the newbie question.  I am porting a VB6
> global hotkey control over to VB.net but haven't found any equivalent
> of the VB6 "InvisibleAtRuntime" property.  I know it exists because
> Timer controls and SysTray controls now live in their own area off the
> form canvas.

> Any ideas?
>   Thanks in advance,
>      Duncan Jones
>      Merrion Computing Ltd
>      http://www.merrioncomputing.com

Never mind - it just goes to show what a steep learning curve this is
going to be.  Of course, in VB.Net you don't have invisible at runtime
controls - you have "Components" - i.e. any class  that inherits
System.ComponentModel.Component will act in a similar manner to the VB
Classic "Invisible at runtime" controls.
      Duncan Jones
      Merrion Computing Ltd
      http://www.merrioncomputing.com

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:55:42 GMT

1. Making the Form invisible but making the controls seen

2. Making a form non-resizeable or control non-clickable

3. Making a control invisible depending on calculated value in Access'97

4. Making a Control invisible !

5. Making a Control invisible !

6. DTPicker control -- making input box background non-white

7. Making Control Methods and/or properties unavailable at runtime

8. Making calendar invisible

9. making toolbars invisible !

10. making a container contol invisible..

11. Help!!! Making cursor invisible

12. Making MSFlexGrids Invisible?