Beginner's Question About ScrollBars in VB .NET
Author Message
 Beginner's Question About ScrollBars in VB .NET

I posted this question once before but didn't get a real answer.  I thought
maybe I'd try again.

I'm using three ScrollBars to determine the values in the Color.FromArgb
method.  I've set their Minimum properties to 0 and their Maximum properties
to 255 (the ranges of the acceptable values within the Color.FromArgb
method).  I added three TextBoxes to display the values controlled by the
ScrollBars.

The problem is that the values never get above 246 (the minimums do
appropriately get down to 0).  Why is this happening?  How come I can't get
a value as high as the maximums for the controls that I set at design time?

Thanks in advance!

John

Sat, 07 May 2005 05:37:23 GMT
 Beginner's Question About ScrollBars in VB .NET
Try setting scrollbar LargeChange property to 1

HTH
--
Corrado Cavalli [Microsoft MVP]
UGIdotNET - http://www.ugidotnet.org

Sat, 07 May 2005 05:47:48 GMT
 Beginner's Question About ScrollBars in VB .NET
It appears to be related to the LargeChange property which defaults to 10...
if you set the LargeChange to 1, it will get to 255.

I suspect someone in your last thread recommended using a TrackBar control
instead, it works better than the Scroll bar for your use.

David Guyer - VB Test Team

> I posted this question once before but didn't get a real answer.  I
thought
> maybe I'd try again.

> I'm using three ScrollBars to determine the values in the Color.FromArgb
> method.  I've set their Minimum properties to 0 and their Maximum
properties
> to 255 (the ranges of the acceptable values within the Color.FromArgb
> method).  I added three TextBoxes to display the values controlled by the
> ScrollBars.

> The problem is that the values never get above 246 (the minimums do
> appropriately get down to 0).  Why is this happening?  How come I can't
get
> a value as high as the maximums for the controls that I set at design
time?

> Thanks in advance!

> John

Sat, 07 May 2005 06:02:20 GMT

1. beginner question: timers w/ scrollbars

2. VB.NEt Beginner: Creating a COM+ Object in VB.net

3. Beginner question about MS Office objects and VB .NET

4. VB.NET PRINTING beginner questions

5. VB and Sybase: Beginner's question

6. Excel with VB (beginner's question)

7. beginner's vb & activex question

8. Beginner's Question on Vb and Controls (Cert Enrollment)

9. 'net use \\servername' in VB.NET

10. VB.NET DLL's With A VB.NET App

11. Beginners ADO.NET Question

12. question about using vb.net's Web.Mail class