Windows Display Font Sizes Vs. Application Font Sizes
Author Message
 Windows Display Font Sizes Vs. Application Font Sizes

Hey guys,
  I wrote a program in .net, and it looks fine with the normal fonts.
However, if someone is on a laptop, or runs at a very high res. then they
may have the Windows large fonts enabled, which screws everything up...
Sizes change, and the program is near unusable.  Is there a setting anywhere
in there so that it always forces the program to use the standard font
sizes?

Blake

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 06:45:23 GMT
 Windows Display Font Sizes Vs. Application Font Sizes

Quote:
>Hey guys,
>  I wrote a program in .net, and it looks fine with the normal fonts.
>However, if someone is on a laptop, or runs at a very high res. then they
>may have the Windows large fonts enabled, which screws everything up...
>Sizes change, and the program is near unusable.  Is there a setting
anywhere
>in there so that it always forces the program to use the standard font
>sizes?

You can force the control to use the font you specify.

TextBox1.Font = New Font(...); // Create your own Font.

--
Peter Wu
Microsoft Corporation

Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:04:01 GMT
 Windows Display Font Sizes Vs. Application Font Sizes
You're telling me that I have to spend the first lines of code for every
form that I create to do nothing but tell the system to acutally use the
fonts that I specified in design mode to begin with?  Ugh.

Quote:
> >Hey guys,
> >  I wrote a program in .net, and it looks fine with the normal fonts.
> >However, if someone is on a laptop, or runs at a very high res. then they
> >may have the Windows large fonts enabled, which screws everything up...
> >Sizes change, and the program is near unusable.  Is there a setting
> anywhere
> >in there so that it always forces the program to use the standard font
> >sizes?

> You can force the control to use the font you specify.

> TextBox1.Font = New Font(...); // Create your own Font.

> --
> Peter Wu
> Microsoft Corporation

rights.

Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:31:01 GMT

1. Printing a Bitmap with a specific font size On print Font size incorrect

2. Change size, font, and font size of input boxes

3. Windows GDI Calls And Font Display Size

4. Get width of text in pixels (taking into account font, font size and style)

5. How to get font sizes for a font

6. FONTS: Need Raster font sizes.

7. REQ: Obtaining Font Sizes for specific Font

8. Changing font/font sizes in msgboxes

9. Printer.Font.Name and Printer.Font.Size problems with HP LaserJets

10. MsgBox Font / Font Size

11. How do I find the list of font sizes for the selected font

12. Finding what Font Sizes available for specified Font.