newbie ado.net question
Author Message
 newbie ado.net question

Hi all,

I just received my vb.net visual studio and am spending as much time as
possible with it.  I have run into a question with ado.net.  I am having
problems connection to the sql server on my local.

Basically I am dragging and dropping the connection object onto the form,
then I am dragging the sql adapter and running the wizard.  The connection
checks out ok however I am getting this error.  When hit the test connection
button it tests the connection correctly.

"unable to connect to database.  It is only possible to connect to SQL
Server Desktop Engine databases and Microsoft Access databases  with this
version of Visual Studio"

Fri, 08 Oct 2004 23:33:44 GMT

1. Newbie question (ado.net / vb.net)

2. Date problems with XML in ASP.NET / VB.NET- newbie question

3. vb.net / ado.net design question

4. ADO/ADO.NET to Access db question

5. VB.Net Newbie has Simple Question

6. .NET Newbie Question about Data Reports

7. .NET Newbie Question about data reports

8. Newbie question in vb.net

9. Newbie Question about ASP.NET

10. ASP.NET newbie question

11. VB .NET Newbie question - Combobox look up table

12. Newbie question VB.Net