Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Crystal Report Deploy
Author Message
 Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Crystal Report Deploy

Hi all,
I have developed a Windows application with VS.NET 2003.
The application uses Crystal Report.
When I deploy on a client pc when VS.NET is not installed I gave
always the same known error "cannot find keycodev2.dll, or invalid
keycode".

I include in my project the following merge modules :
regwiz.msm
Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm
Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm
crystal_managed2003.msm (included automatically by VS)
VC_CRT.msm
VC_STL.msm

I also set the license key found in the help of VS in the merge module
regwiz.msm.

With VS.NET 2002 I never found all this problems ...
... do I forget something ???

Please, someone help me ...

Thanks

yom

Thu, 17 Nov 2005 01:08:19 GMT
 Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Crystal Report Deploy
Can you be a bit more specific?   What OS is your client PC running and
does it have the 1.1 FW already installed?

Todd Apley Visual Basic Deployment Test Team

--------------------

| >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
| >Subject: Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Crystal Report Deploy
| >Date: 31 May 2003 10:08:19 -0700

17:08:19 GMT)

| >Hi all,
| >I have developed a Windows application with VS.NET 2003.
| >The application uses Crystal Report.
| >When I deploy on a client pc when VS.NET is not installed I gave
| >always the same known error "cannot find keycodev2.dll, or invalid
| >keycode".
| >
| >I include in my project the following merge modules :
| >regwiz.msm
| >Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm
| >Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm
| >crystal_managed2003.msm (included automatically by VS)
| >VC_CRT.msm
| >VC_STL.msm
| >
| >I also set the license key found in the help of VS in the merge module
| >regwiz.msm.
| >
| >With VS.NET 2002 I never found all this problems ...
| >... do I forget something ???
| >
| >Please, someone help me ...
| >
| >Thanks
| >
| >yom

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 03:46:36 GMT
 Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Crystal Report Deploy
Excuse me ... you have all the resons ...
I will try to be more specific.

I have developed my application with VS.NET 2002. With that version, I
deployed on client running W2K, W98 and WXP and all worked fine.
I've then upgraded my VS.NET to 2003 and imported the old project.
The *.msm I have mentioned in my previous posting are the merge
modules required from Crystal Report deployng ...

I've fixed the problem of the message "cannot find keycodev2.dll, or
invalid keycode": I've just miss to substitute the file regwiz.msm
with the new version coming with VS.NET 2003.

Now I've another problem ... when I deploy on a W98 machine (after
installing Framework 1.1) I gave the error "Load Report Failed"
opening any report ...

I found an article (http://support.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011640.asp)
where is shown a way to solve the problem ...
... in according to this paper, it's caused by a wrong version of the
file ATL.dll ...

On my client the version of ATL.dll is 3.0.8449 (the right one) but my
application doesn't work ...

I hope i've been more clear this time ... new post, new question ...
:-)

Thanks

Quote:

> Can you be a bit more specific?   What OS is your client PC running and
> does it have the 1.1 FW already installed?

> Todd Apley ? Visual Basic Deployment Test Team

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 06:13:29 GMT

1. Visual Studio .Net 2003 Final Beta, simple socket code breaks between 2002 and 2003

2. Crystal 8 vs version in visual studio.net 2003

3. Visual Studio 2003 Crystal Reports Merge Modules

4. Linking Crystal Report with a stored Procedure -- crystal report for visual studio.net

5. PowerToys for Visual Studio .NET 2003 Project Announcement

6. Ann: SyncVSS 1.1 released - Visual Studio .Net 2003 / VSS Addin

7. Visual Studio.NET 2003?

8. Visual Studio .Net 2003 Connect to Device???

9. i am using vb.net and crystal reports for visual studio.net

10. Crystal Reports and asp.net (2003) help...

11. problem with crystal reports in visual studio.NET

12. Visual Studio.NET with Crystal Reports and Joined Tables